Browser

Re: Emergency Broadcast System

Just ended with Support Reps.  Decent team effort from the level 1 up through the experts but they still haven't heard a lot about these problems.  Need to call them and let them know how much it's happening so they treat it as an outage-level (systemic) problem rather than a case-by-case issue.

Currently we have this two issue numbers opened:

Call in and add your complaint to the set of what they are getting calls about.

Participant

Re: Emergency Alert System (EAS) notifications on the TWC TV for Roku

so they didn't ask you to uninstall and reinstall the app?
Rookie

Re: Non-stop Emergency tests from all over the country.

I too have complained about this and still the issue persists...I have even called in and complained about it.  The TWC TV app has not been updated since June 27, 2016  (Version 2.9.0).  That's almost 3 months ago.  How many more complaints are needed to get the developers to correct this bug????

Many times I get an on screen message to click the OK button to exit from the Emergency Screen.

Community Manager

Re: Emergency Broadcast System

This issue is currently being investigated and we anticipate a resolution soon.  We appreciate your patience.  Please check back for updates.  

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

Hello Stephanie, Any updates on this issue resolution? I am sure you can see the large amount of loyal subscibers this is affecting beyond being insolated occurances. Including me which is how i ended up here looking for a fix.

thanks

Sam

Rookie

I have had three emergency alerts for other cities on my Roku TV in the last 45 minutes. Enough is enough! This must come to a stop soon. I can't believe this issue persists.

Rookie

This is constantly happening in Orange County California. Please fix this. You will lose costumers. What a joke.
Spectator

This is ridiculous. Had over 5 of the tests in last 15 minutes. I just switched from DirecTV to TWC this year, and I am ready to switch back.

Newcomer

I'm also having this issue.  Went off 5 times during one chat with Roku customer service who were no help at all.

Newcomer

I've been trying to watch TWc on my Roku 3 and I'm getting this test every 15 minutes. The message says its for various counties in Kentucky. I'm in Southern California. Hello!! this "feature" is useless if you can't run it properly. Please disable it until you get your act together