Re: Emergency Alert System (EAS) notifications on the TWC TV for Roku

Hello @macromike and @Mg888,

We'd be happy to look into this further. So, we can work towards a resolution please contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp we ask that you please include your account number, service address associated with your account.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.

Regards,
Stephanie S.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - Community Forums

Newcomer

I subscribe to Time Warner San Diego and use the Time Warner app on my Roku. For the last couple of days my TV programming has be interrupted as often as very 15 to 30 minutes by Emergency Broadcast test alerts.  These alerts are coming from locations all over the U. S., not just from San Diego.

I have reached out to our local team regarding the Emergency Broadcast errors. Your reference number is: 24145628. Our team is working to resolve as soon as possible. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.

Regards,
Stephanie S.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - Community Forums

Sharer

Re: Emergency Broadcast System

Since I dropped TWC TV service (and home phone) a couple of years ago, and just receive a few local stations over the air, I almost never see the emergency messages anymore (they must do them when I'm not watching TV).  When I was a TWC TV customer, I used to see them regularly -- yet another good reason to drop TWC TV service.

Newcomer

Getting the same problem. Warnings for Florida and Kentucky even tho i live on the west coast. Also makes the channel 'unavailable' once the warning ends. Tired of it. Needs to be fixed!!!
Rookie

Re: Non-stop Emergency tests from all over the country.

I am in Wisconsin and have been experiencing this issue all month and parts of last month. It is unacceptable and annoying. It must cease very soon. I can't believe we pay this much to get annoyed and disturbed by these false warnings all day and night. Make it stop! We want a refund for our service this month and last month for all the hassle and headache of this issue.

Participant

I have been getting them for over a week now, maybe longer, from all over the country.  I don't  have this problem with the one TV connected to a box, only the TVs where i have Roku Streaming Sticks.  Of course i have Roku streaming sticks because i don't want to pay $5 a month for the adapters, i'm sure there are no issues with the adapters.  i am chatting with someone now from TWC help, of course they know nothing about it. 

Browser

I have been having this same problem constantly for months.  I don't know why this would be an individualized problem rather than something that can be addressed system-wide.

On the phone with reps right now.  For love of all that is Holy, please fix this.

Participant

I just ended my chat, the rep wanted me to uninstall the TWC app on my Roku stick and reinstall it.  I refused to do this, every issue there is, that is there stock answer, to uninstall and reinstall.  How can that help if the issue is happening with multiple users.  If they fixed something then i might be able to understand it.  I am so tired of not having anyone to talk to but these call centers in outer mongolia.  Just miserable to be a consumer these days.

Browser

Just ended with Support Reps.  Decent team effort from the level 1 up through the experts but they still haven't heard a lot about these problems.  Need to call them and let them know how much it's happening so they treat it as an outage-level (systemic) problem rather than a case-by-case issue.

Currently we have this two issue numbers opened:

Call in and add your complaint to the set of what they are getting calls about.