Rookie

Emergency Broadcast System

I was watching Fox News at 11:30 PM tonight in Southern California. I was listening to breaking news about another explosive device found in either New Jersey or New York, I think. The story was interrupted 6 times with different tests of the EBS. The problem is, they were for counties in other states. I was unable to get what was important information, because of the tests meant for some other part of the country. This has been happening more and more frequently, and I think something is probably not programmed correctly. I am sure if this is the way it is supposed to work, it would probably take 24 hours per day, every day to test every county in the US.
Rookie

Re: Emergency Broadcast System

same here.  someone needs to be fired.

Expert

I have been saying this for years! The ones I get tests from are from a station in youngstown ohio and I'm near cleveland, weather moves from west to east and all are alerts and warnings are issued by Cleveland.

The tests are always from Youngstown, never Cleveland and many do not have any text and some last for 10 minutes taking out the TV's sound and part of the picture.

Glad someone else is having the same issue and maybe TWC will fix this horrible routing.

BTW, none of the geolocation data is correct anymore , they even hid it at whois... Mine is in Boston Heights which is even further from youngstown! ANd I'm 15 miles northeast of that

Newcomer

I live in California as well and after 10pm I receive (EAS) Emergency Alert System notifications every 1 - 15 minutes each night. I probably get anywhere from 20 to 30 (EAS) notifications a night. Extremely annoying and really ridiculous at the customers expense.

Why do we get (EAS) notifications for every single city in the United States?

I wouldn't mind getting a weekly (EAS) notification for my local county, heck I wouldn't even mind it if it was (once) a night for my local county. But, to be getting these alerts from every single city in the U.S. all night long, every single day? -- Why do this to us? What did we do to TWC besides give them our money each month?

Do people working at TWC not even watch TV on the TWC app? No one there is aware of this issue?
Newcomer

Non-stop Emergency tests from all over the country.

My TWC TV app on my Roku has been giving "Required Emergency Tests" every 4-5 minutes from all over the country. I live in NC, and I'm getting them from Alabama, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee....etc. Is there anyway to make it stop. It's now become unwatchable with the amount of them that are coming through....

Re: Non-stop Emergency tests from all over the country.

Hi @Parapam,

Thank you. Our team is aware of this and have been working on this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.

Regards,
Stephanie S.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - Community Forums

Rookie

I get these too.  Drives me insane.  In the rare event that the TV actually stays on without one of the various TWC error messages, these loud emergency alert tests are on every couple minutes all night long.

I wonder if the FCC is aware of this??

Newcomer

Re: Emergency Alert System (EAS) notifications on the TWC TV for Roku

I was getting this about once per day for the last week or so on Roku 3. Yesterday it was about every 10 min. App seems to restart when this happens. Seems like a bug making twc app unwatchable.
Expert

Contact your local national weather service office and get the primary eas broadcasters name from them. Then contact that broadcaster and have them contact the FCC. they have a lot more clout than you or me, I have contacted them numerous times and only gotten action maybe on half of them and I have an FCC license and not some customer complaining about sex and violence on tv, lol.

Expert

see my other post about contacting the FCC via your local EAS broadcast station