Observer

Re: Emergency Alert Broadcast- Weekly Tests!!!!

We have the cable boxes (pricey!!!) and have for many years. Idk what ROKU is, but it is happening with the cable boxes provided by TWC, too. We're really banking on some major changes AND lower bills when the changeover to Spectrum is complete or else.....we'll spend the almost 300 dollars a month elsewhere. !!!
Rookie

I am so sick of this EAB interrupting programs I'm watching with that ridiculous annoying noise!  Why is this done weekly, mid-day and why does in mute the volume of the program being watched causing there to be a loss in what's being watched?  It seems like this happens more than just once a week, even if its not it's always really annoying!!!

Observer

So they started getting it right by now doing them in the afternoon. Then they blocked the entire show that was playing for several minutes!!! At least before, we could still follow the CC!!! TWC, why can't you get it right?!?!!?
cos
Newcomer

Re: Emergency Broadcast System

This system is awful. Often I am trying to listen to a news report only to be interrupted by this bogus test system at EXTREME volume. I am not only annoyed but if my sound system is damaged by the excessive modulation level I will look for replacement of damaged components. This system is not helpful. Tests are inserted during prime news times replacing helpful program information with an annoying and less informative banner.
N/A

This is still going on in 91304 on the digital adapters. Every week one of the Emergency Alert Broadcasts last for about an hour. Really loud and tvs unwatchable. This thread says solved but it doesn't look like anything was resolved in reading all the messages.

Newcomer

I believe that the orginal red banner for the test was not put on the dvr only live broadcasts.

It did not record the live broadcast onto the dvr of the eas banner.

However with the last update of firmware that gave us the ability to reboot from a menu instead of unplugging the dvr I am seeing  yellow banners now in the recorded program and initally dv (descriptive video) information on certain channels that was turned on by the update. Of course support is arguing that it records everything. None of my neighbors have had test banners in thier recordings previous to this update. Why would you the alert is over if you view it later.

Newcomer

I am getting these emergency test from the cable box and it's is awaking my wife st night. I suffer from PTSD and I sleep very little at nigh so I watch tv. I even stopped watching live tv and only recorded programs but that loud noise rages from the tv. Can you at least give a 60 second warning so we can mute our Yvonne and not experience what sounds like an explosion coming from out of nowhere? Please give me a way to stop this or I will stop my business with you. You are cause me great suffering. Please stop
Rookie

It'a happening again!  Yesterday already 2 today and it's only 10am with that loud interruption of what I'm watching.  We all know what the red banner means do you really have to test it daily multiple times a day???????????

Newcomer

Well this is great! today's EAS alert just completely cut off the audio for my cable after the alert was over!  I am so very fed up with these and the whole expenxive changeover to Spectrum.  

I've had to reset my cable box so many times lately that the stepstool required simply stays in place by the cable box now!

Eas on roku/set top box

At least once a week the stupid emergency alert test comes on late at night and wakes up my wife and or myself since the volumn is dramically louder then the channel I am watching.

1. Is there any way to keep the alerts at the same volumn?
2. If not, do they go off at all(or louder?) on the roku app.

This keeps happening unless there is a fix for this, I will be at a minimum, removing a cable box from my account.