Highlighted
Spectator

DVR access from Roku app

If I stream from my PC or my Android phone, I have access to my DVR recordings.  I can't find that using the Roku app.  Am I missing something?

Everyone's Tags (3)
15 REPLIES

Re: DVR access from Roku app

Hello @waltclinch

Via the RoKu app you will only have access to view the Guide, ON Demand and Live TV. You can visit: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/23048/time-warner-cable. You do have access to HBO, Starz with your TWC ID log in information as well. 

Regards,
Stephanie S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Spectator

Just curious why the Roku app doesn't include DVR access but the Android app does.

That is due to the Roku Platform does not support that function. You do have this functionality via the TWC TV app or at twctv.com. 

Regards,
Stephanie S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

CKS
Rookie

Is there an ETA when this functionality will be available?
Rookie

Makes no sense that the Roku is the device pushed by sales reps as a TWC device alternative yet it doesn't offer the same level of service as an Android App/Device.

Is there plans to bring DVR access to the Roku App? If not I might as well cancel service and return the Roku as this was not as pitched by sales people.
CKS
Rookie

I got the same sales pitch from TWC.
Lead Moderator

@waltclinch Our TWCTV application does not provide access to locally stored programs

on your DVR. It will provide you the option to watch the show via On Demand if it is available but you will not have access to the DVR its self. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Thanks Captain Obvious. We know it's not on the Roku App but you can on all other twc TV app or website access methods. Why doesn't the Roku and when will the Roku get the same functionality?
Lead Moderator

Apologies, I was trying to clear up any possible misinformation.

None of our devices allow access of the DVRed content from the DVR. They do allow

remote access to DVR functions like setting up a recording or changing the series options etc.

I cannot tell you why our development group has not included the Remote DVR 

option on the Roku Application. We will certainly submit feedback to them that 

this is something you would like to have. 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums