Newcomer

Re: Spectrum Roku app error code rge-1001

I’m new to Spectrum and have the Roku, I love the Roku for continuity and convenience. My other tv apps work fine! But I find that the Spectrum TV app is severely clunky, laggy and definitely needs some upgrading. It felt like we’re doing dial up! It’s 2018. The error codes and sometiminess just isn’t worth the price we have to pay...just sayin...
Today I tried to just catch up on the news before going out...couldn’t do it! Code after code...not happy.

This is ridiculous!!! This has been going on for over a week now. My Spectrum TV App , HBO Go and others won't work becasue the app doesn't realize  I'm on the Spectrum Internet even though I am on it. How come it is taking so long? Thsi didn't happen when it was just Time Warner, its becasue of the stupid mereger and the greed of the highe r up's. Fix this isseu please!!!!

Helper

@mgeorgevich7135 wrote:

This is ridiculous!!! This has been going on for over a week now. My Spectrum TV App , HBO Go and others won't work becasue the app doesn't realize  I'm on the Spectrum Internet even though I am on it. How come it is taking so long? Thsi didn't happen when it was just Time Warner, its becasue of the stupid mereger and the greed of the highe r up's. Fix this isseu please!!!!

You can sign into HBO Go from anywhere, not just your home network.

Newcomer

Re: Connection issues with Spectrum App

We live down here deep South Texas and NEVER had problems with Time Warner app.. Now that the merge has taken place it seems we have issue after issue..as of April 2018 Spectrum has decided to go totally digital which meant any tv with wall cable to tv would no longer work. No big deal we thought because we had been using the app on our Rokus to stream on demand shows...boy were we wrong..last week we decided to try a week free trail with Direct Tv now all and we were pleasantly pleased... We decided to return equipment and terminate services with Spectrum but as we were at the store the rep cut our bill dramatically..so we stayed with Spectrum....well this morning we woke up with Spectruma error message after error message.WHAT A BIG MISTAKE to stay with Spectrum..

Newcomer

I am in southwest Ohio and this has been a continuing problem with Spectrum's Roku app.  I have 2 Roku Premiere+ boxes, 2 Roku 3's, and a Roku TV. The Roku TV and the 2 Premiere+ boxes have been having issues all day today(Tuesday, June 26, 2018). 

I have tried the solution that TimeWarner gave me before Spectrum took over and it has not fixed the problem this time. I would love to get rid of the Spectrum set-top-boxes I have but the unreliability of the Spectrum Roku app makes me wary. Fortunately I was able to watch the Cincinnati Reds game using the Fox Sports Go app this evening and my wife watched The Food Network app on the Roku TV. Too bad every network doesn't have an app that will work on Spectrum's network. Some don't give you the option to sign in via Spectrum. 

Would be great if Spectrum had a site that told you that they know  the app isn't working and that they are working on it and possibly an estimated ETA on the app being fixed. 

Here is the fix that has previously worked for error code RGE-1001:  

Error code: RGE-1001

Here is the work-around provided from Roku for this error:

Step 1: From the Home screen, ask the customer to press the following button press on their remote : Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
Step 2: Press OK to "Enable installer and restart". This will put the player into developer mode and reboot the player.
Step 3: Once the player is back to the Homescreen, follow Step 1 again to enter into the Developer Settings screen.
Step 4: Press OK to Disable installer and restart. This will take the player out of Developer mode.

Once the player is back to the Homescreen, please have the customer try and play content from the TWC Channel.

This should resolve the issue.

Username is rokudev

Password is 1234 

Hope this helps someone. 

Newcomer

RLC-1000 Spectrum App is not signing in on Roku TV.
If you have tried all the steps removing your Spectrum app, check the hardware that support connection.
1. I had my 10 year modem replaced by Spectrum. Ask Spectrum how old it is.
2. Check the age of your router. I replaced mine 3 years ago, while my old router worked ok, it did not have Small Device protocols that were introduced 5(?) years ago.
That fixed my phone/tablet problem connection years ago.
3. Remove the Spectrum TV Channel from the Roku
4. Unplug the Roku TV. I waited 1 day, but I assume its shorter.
5. Plug in Roku TV
6. Re-add the Spectrum TV channel.
Spectrum did fix this problem. Unfortunately no one ever replies on these forums if resolved.