Spectator

Channels available on IPad or Roku

The Spectrum app on my IPad and Roku does not show the same channel lineup that I get on my TV (I've just started using these apps).  Also many of the TV channels are missing on the apps - in particular the local broadcast channels.  I'm told that is probably due to using my own cable modem (which I have had for a long time).  Does anyone know how or if I can get Spectrum to recognize my cable modem so I can receive the same channels on both the TV and the apps?

8 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Channels available on IPad or Roku

jeffinencinitas wrote:

The Spectrum app on my IPad and Roku does not show the same channel lineup that I get on my TV (I've just started using these apps).  Also many of the TV channels are missing on the apps - in particular the local broadcast channels.  I'm told that is probably due to using my own cable modem (which I have had for a long time).  Does anyone know how or if I can get Spectrum to recognize my cable modem so I can receive the same channels on both the TV and the apps?

I had a similar situation.  After contacting the forum moderators, my situation was finally routed to a support department that was able to fix something in the back end of their system, which fixed the problem, and I'm now getting all the same channels on my Rokus as on my cable box.  I was using my own modem/router at the time the problem was fixed.  The department that fixed it told me there was nothing other support areas could have done to fix the issue.

Browser

Justice network and Escape not available in app or online

Why? These are FREE over the air channels that are on the cable though! 13409287157 is the ticket number and nobody has responded to this request that was made WEEKS AGO!

Browser

I am using their modem, but have this same problem. Escape and Justice do not show up on the app , but are on the regular cable

Spectator

Boz - Thank you for the input.  Do you know how I can contact the Forum moderators?

Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

Re: Justice network and Escape not available in app or online

While they may be free over the air, no broadcaster will provide their programming free to a cable company to re-distribute. Obtaining a contract with a broadcaster is not something that will typically be done in days, weeks, or even months sometimes. Your complaint would actually better be voiced towards the providers of those networks you are seeking to actively work with us towards an agreement to carry their programming.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Boz
Sharer

jeffinencinitas wrote:

Boz - Thank you for the input.  Do you know how I can contact the Forum moderators?

LINK: http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/67165

Spectator

It took 5 or 6 message exchanges and "tests" through the "private message" path, but the Forum_Help moderators had changes made that give me the same Guide lineup and channels on the streaming path that I get via the cable connection. A little worried when it involved a several hour connection outage. But very happy with the results and the moderators efforts.
Expert

You may need to reset both your cable box and modem to get them both on the same page. Or if you add channels, they might not show up until after the 2am server updates...

So it can take 24 hours to get corrected... If you're away from home... good luck, very few channels work.