Newcomer

Channel apps no longer let me watch live TV

Today the Food Network app on Roku said I can't watch live TV and to "check my subcription lineup" even though I was literally using it yesterday and nothing has changed about my subscription. This has been happening over the past few months with channels I 100% subscribe to but now it seems I'm not allowed to use any channels app....

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Channel apps no longer let me watch live TV

Same type of problem here on roku. On fire tv I can watch live but can’t watch shows on TNT, Tbs, FXNOW or any other app. Reinstalled app with no change. Talked to spectrum rep who could not find problem. He gave me Amazon phone to talk to their service
Proven Sharer

@LynnM wrote:

Today the Food Network app on Roku said I can't watch live TV and to "check my subcription lineup" even though I was literally using it yesterday and nothing has changed about my subscription. This has been happening over the past few months with channels I 100% subscribe to but now it seems I'm not allowed to use any channels app....

Not all 3rd party channel apps permit viewing live feeds of the network.

The complaint needs to be directed to the owner of the content being shown on the app.  

The AMC app does not allow live viewing of the channel on Roku, but I could watch the live feed via a web browser.  However, with FX Now, I can watch live feeds as well as on-demand content via the Roku app.

I am sure they (the content owners) just don't want firends and family sharing passwords, thus cutting their revenue.

Rookie

Same issue with many channel apps (TBS, NICK Jr. Epix, Starz)  on Apple TV as well.

When you eneter an activation code and are asked to choose a provider.

All of them bring to their respective log-in screen.. except SPECTRUM.

The screen says it is taking you to a provider log-in but just hangs.

Lead Moderator

Not all partner apps are supported on every platform.

You can check Partner Apps to see what channel Apps are supported on 

each platform. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Proven Sharer

@Julia_R wrote:

Not all partner apps are supported on every platform.

You can check Partner Apps to see what channel Apps are supported on 

each platform. 

I can also add that thrid party apps (for Roku, etc.) are developed by the content owners, and not the cable company.  Any third-party channel app content issue needs to be addressed with the content owner, not the cable company.  The cable company just agrees to offer the ability for its customers to run the app, not determine the content available on the app.