Channel 12 WKRC not available to watch on Spectrum app

Channel 12 WKRC is no longer avavailable to watch on the Spectrum app. It disappear on Sunday March 12. Anyone else having this issue?

I've tried logging out and back in .
I deleted the Spectrum app on my Roku and reinstalled. Still not available.

Please help.
I do get channel 12 thru cable box.
9 REPLIES
Seasoned Contributor

Re: Channel 12 WKRC not available to watch on Spectrum app

[ Edited ]

Stephen1 wrote:
Channel 12 WKRC is no longer avavailable to watch on the Spectrum app. It disappear on Sunday March 12. Anyone else having this issue?

I've tried logging out and back in .
I deleted the Spectrum app on my Roku and reinstalled. Still not available.

Please help.
I do get channel 12 thru cable box.

I keep reading about people losing various channels when converting to Spectrum and I've been wondering if these are local channels in an area or upper channel lineups.  I believe what you mention is a major local CBS affiliate in Cincinati. Sounds like Spectrum didn't pay its bill or technical problems. I'd complain immediately to Spectrum. What are they saying?

I've been calling them since Monday. They keep bouncing me around to different departs. Yesterday I spoke with tier 3 Tech support. They say "no clue we'll need to investigate"
So I'll keep calling.
Community Manager

@Stephen1

Please try changing the password and restarting the modem.  Let us know if the issue is still not resolved.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

I too have lost channel 12 WKRC in the Hamilton/Fairfield area. Numerous calls and multiple reboots along with reinstalling the app on all my devices have proven to be fruitless. I simply turned the TV off on Saturday evening, March 11th and when I turned it back on Sunday morning Channel 12 was gone. It is very frustrating seeing this is my go to channel for local news and weather....Can anyone help with this issue?

Community Manager

@parkerjd7

I apologize for the frustration.  If the issue is still not resolved, please contact us by direct private message at Forums_Help for assistance.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

MP7
Newcomer

I called Spectrum Customer Support about this and heard back from them today.  They just said that Channel 12 WKRC is no longer avaiable to watch on the Spectrum app.  That's all the info they provided.  I'm going to assume that it is because of a contract dispute.  They had better get it together and resolve the dispute for the sake of their customers. Especially during NCAA tournament time!

Agreed. I received the same reresponse but with a twist. They told me that because I live in the Hamilton-Fairfield area and that area was now considered Dayton. What???  It just goes to show you how out of focus they are with there customer service They seriously don't care. I beleive it is now time to check out Cincinnati Bell Fioptics or DirecTV. What a joke....

Yes. I just called for updates on the wkrc issuse. Was told that Hamilton/Fairfield is now considered the Dayton market. So WKRC Channel 12 is not available for viewing on the Spectrum app.

This is not a password issue. According to Spectrum the Hamilton/Fairfield area is now considered the Dayton Market. How and Why and do not understand.