Rookie

CBS channel has choppy streaming through roku

For the past 2 or 3 months, the CBS channel through the TWC app on Roku has been terrible.  None of the other channels are choppy/delayed/rebuffers like CBS does.  It's basically unwatchable.  Does anyone else have this problem.  I'm in zip code 27610.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: CBS channel has choppy streaming through roku

@amandad238

I apologize for the service issues. If the issue is not resolved, please contact us by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp so we can assist.  We look forward to hearing from you.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Observer

Same thing here, I've submitted similar comments on the forum but haven't gotten any feedback.  I get the 'choppiness' on all my local channels (CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC).  For me, it appears to be a race condition, where the video is constantly trying to skip forward in time, every 10 seconds or so it will skip 2 to 4 seconds of video and audio.  Eventually it hits real time, and the blue bar starts to appear frequently as it pauses and resumes.  After a couple minutes of this, it will usually jump back into the video about 30 seconds or so, then begins to repeat the process.

This doesn't happen on other channels, nor on the on demand, nor on other Roku apps.  It all started about 2 months ago and has been continuous since then.  I'm in the San Antonio area.  I have 4 different Roku models, all doing the same thing on the same channels.

Observer

Mine has finally cleared up.  They must have just dropped a new version of the software.  I removed the Spectrum app from the Roku and re-added it, did an 'check for updates', and the skipping has stopped.  It has worked on all my rokus.

Observer

Don't want to hijack this post, as I posted this problem before.  But this is the issue I have with the app, or accessing from my PC.  Local channels, especially NBC and CBS are doing exactly what is described in the OP.  I have ROku as well, and tried removing, reinstalling with no change.   I can confirm this does not happen with premuim channels or basic cable channels, just the locals.