Rookie

Blackout on App, not on cable box

Why would a channel (TNT in this case) be blacked out on the Spectrum App (iPad, Roku, spectrumtv.com) when i can watch the same channel on my cable box? 

3 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Blackout on App, not on cable box

mwillin00 wrote:

Why would a channel (TNT in this case) be blacked out on the Spectrum App (iPad, Roku, spectrumtv.com) when i can watch the same channel on my cable box? 

Is this 100% of the time?  What do you see if you try to view TNT via the TWCTV/SpectrumTV app?

Rookie

It's not 100% of the time. I noticed the last two weeks when NBA games are playing. Several different teams from several different distant cities, so i know i'm not in any normal blackout zones.

I should have grabbed a pic of the screen but it is something to the effect of "Due to NBA blackout restrictions, this game is blacked out in your area. Regular programming will return following upon conclusion" I'm never surprised when a sporting event is blacked out given how convoluted the restrictions are, but i found it perplexing that the blackout is different within my own home.

Boz
Sharer

That is definitely odd.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge will reply, but when I had a TWCTV issue on Roku in Nov, 2016, a moderator here helped get the issue to the correct special department, and the issue was corrected.  Hopefully your issue can also be corrected.  Good luck!