Not applicable

Best app for Roku Spectrum TV

I don't know why everybody is complaining this is the best app I have ever used for Roku I have no complaints great job Spectrum don't listen to all this nonsense a couple bugs here in there everybody gets crazy don't listen to none of it over all the app is great keep it up
7 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Best app for Roku Spectrum TV

It has always worked well for me too. My only complaint is a lack of direct input to a channel instead of having to scroll through the entire list. 

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback.  We appreciate it !

Highlighted
Boz
Sharer

Can you please make sure the app/spectrum.com developers know that the complaint about a lack of direct input to a channel instead of having to scroll through the entire list is widespread?

If the app/spectrum.com developers could come up a way to display a grid with all available channels, with the ability to navigate to the desired channel in the grid, and select okay to play it, that would be great!

Community Manager

@Boz

I will be sure to pass your feedback along as well.  Thanks! 

Not applicable

I've only been using the app on Roku for a few days now, and it seems to work pretty well so far. Honestly, I don't think the Roku remote really lends itself to being able to do direct channel input.  On the other hand, there are a couple of things that would make changing channels much easier. First, I would like to see a last channel jump button. There is a return button on the remote that does nothing in this app that I can see, so why not make it functional to return to the last channel. Second, I think having a way to page up and down while in the guide would be very useful as well.  As it is, the guide option for "recently viewed" does help considerably.  Realistically, if you want full functionality on a TV in your home, then you should just get a cable box.

Helper

@Gettingdiddledwrote:
The app keeps sending a message to ask if I'm still watching. Other apps just keep playing. You cannot turn this feature off.

Netflix does this...Sling TV and Directv Now have some variation of this...all to prevent servers from being tied up streaming to a tv nobody is watching.

The error messages are something else. There have been several reports this week of the app having problems on a Roku.

Lead Moderator

What error message did you get? 

I will say that just because you are able to connect to your signal and able to make calls that does not mean that there is no underlying connection issue.

@reds91185 is correct in the app asking if you are still watching but if you are having error messages and other issues with the Roku that can be caused by a number of other things. 

If you would like we can certainly investigate the connection to try and determine if this is the issue. 

If you can provide us with the modem logs and signal page from your modem it would help to rule that out or in depending. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums