Expert

Re: Be careful what you ask for regarding feedback.....

[ Edited ]

USE A WIRED CONNECTION. TAKE ANYYTHING WIRELESS AND THROW IT IN THE TRASH. WIFI WAS NEVER DESIGNED OR INTENDED FOR STREAMING VIDEO, PERIOD.

Boz
Sharer

[ Edited ]
Never Mind...
Established Sharer

TWC_JamesM wrote:

@JARipka

I apologize for any service issues.  Roku stick is currently not supported on the updated Spectrum TV app.  Roku 3 or higher is supported.  The other versions may work, but you will see issues, such as the ones you described.  

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Ummm...isn't the 3600x newer than the 3? Also, am I the only only that finds it hilarious that the OP just said he's tired of the constant apologies and the BOOM...

Boz
Sharer

reds91185 wrote:

TWC_JamesM wrote:

@JARipka

I apologize for any service issues.  Roku stick is currently not supported on the updated Spectrum TV app.  Roku 3 or higher is supported.  The other versions may work, but you will see issues, such as the ones you described.  

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Ummm...isn't the 3600x newer than the 3? Also, am I the only only that finds it hilarious that the OP just said he's tired of the constant apologies and the BOOM...

Yeah, that's what my reply above was about.  But then I realized how vaguely and poorly written Julia's answer was, so I gave up.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

MsRaye wrote:

USE A WIRED CONNECTION. TAKE ANYYTHING WIRELESS AND THROW IT IN THE TRASH. WIFI WAS NEVER DESIGNED OR INTENDED FOR STREAMING VIDEO, PERIOD.

I mostly disagree.  Wireless connections definitely can be quirky, but in my small house I don't have any issues. Multiple streaming devices may require a more elaborate setup. 802.11 g/n is faster than my Internet speed; If I really need more speed, 802.11 ac WAPs are available.

OTOH the TWC and now SPECTRUM Roku apps are still absolute (edited)

I can stream just fine using PBS, YouTube, Hulu, etc apps on MY Roku stick with it set to 1080p resolution. Impressive hardware in such a small package.

Spectrum/Charter just needs to hire competent in house or contract programmers with proper oversight and goals.  No hipster designers doing their own 'concept of the week'.

By comparison, look at how long it took those TWC programmers to FINALLY get decent functionality into Navigator on my non-DVR box.  Something like eight years. Cat Mad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moto DCX3200-M set top box, ODN 8.0.0
Newcomer

I have 3 roku 3's in different rooms one is right next to the router and I can't get any of them to work. I have called spectrum and he acted like he had never heard of such a problem! I can't even get into the app it just say "sorry we can't process your request please try again later" later has been over two weeks. This is a problem with the app and frankly I think spectrum is unhappy that roku allow us the customer no longer have to pay for a cheap cable box so I think they have screwed up the app on purpose. I too will give them another week to figure it out then i will go with u verse since they already have my phone.

I have the same problems with my Roku 3 and my new Roku 4 I have for the 4k. Started actually toward the end of the TWC app (last few months) and has persisted through the switch over. Actually frozen as I type this, which is the 3rd feeze in the last hour. I have to back out, restart the app, and usually it freezes again within the hour. Its a bad app and it needs a rework. No reason it should be the ONLY app my Roku have this issue with...