Observer

Be careful what you ask for regarding feedback.....

I have been a customer of since 1997.   In the past 2/12 weeks, since they changed the ROKU app from TWC to Spectrum, there have been nothing but problems.   I have spent about 5 hours on the phone with Spectrum since Saturday and still not getting satisfaction.   This morning I called to check on the status of my ticket and the answer was....."The customer will have to stop using the app and plug in the box and they closed the ticket.   Well Ladies and Gentlemen....I am NOT rearranging my entire house because Spectrum can't get their act together.   I was told that the Spectrum app with Roku is not a billable service.   Let me give you a customer point of view in response to that comment.   I don't care....seriously, as a customer, I don't care if it's a billable service.   It's a service that you provide, correct?  If so, then it should work and it did work just fine until you switched over to Spectrum.    I work in IT and have for over 25 years now.   It's simple.  Back out your changes until you can get them working and make your customers happy.   Stop apologizing, stop telling us that it's not a billable service because WE DON'T CARE!   I opened another ticket this morning and if it is closed with the same ridiculous reason, then I am done.   I can already get NBC and ABC for free on Roku and I'm willing to pay the 9.99 for CBS.    What I am not willing to do is contimue to pay for cable if I can't watch it.   

I expected better from Spectrum, but alas, I'm terribly disappointed and if I end up putting something on my roof....like Direct TV or an antenna, you will lose me as a customer forever,   If I choose to go with Direct TV.....you will also lose my business for the internet, I'll go with U-verse instead.   

So.....you have until 5pm to get this fixed or I'm just done with Spectrum cable.   2 1/2 weeks without being able to watch TV except on my Iphone has put me over the edge.  

16 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Be careful what you ask for regarding feedback.....

this is a peer to peer forum and you didn't say what your problem is.

Observer

Sorry....the problem is the Spectrum App for Roku has been freezing in mid show for the last 2 1/2 weeks. 

Boz
Valued Contributor

What Roku model # do you have?

What exactly is the SpectrumTV app doing, or what is the problem, on your Roku?

I have (4) Roku 2 XS 3100R and (1) Roku Streaming Stick (2015) 3600R devices, and the SpectrumTV App actually seems to work a little faster than the TWCTV app did.

Since this forum is primarily peer-to-peer support, give some details of your issue, and maybe somebody here can help.

Boz
Valued Contributor

JARipka wrote:

Sorry....the problem is the Spectrum App for Roku has been freezing in mid show for the last 2 1/2 weeks. 

What channels?  What shows?  What times of day?

Even though the your internet and/or WiFi may seem to be working fine for everything else, including other streaming apps on your Roku, the SpectrumTV app does seem to need a particulary strong internet connection.  Have you tried to use a good ethernet cable to connect your Roku to the internet instead of WiFi to see if that solves the problem?

Observer

I  have 2 ROKU sticks, models 3600X.  Spectrum has already stated that this is a configuration issue between Spectrum and Roku.  I have the issue of shows freezing on both sticks, never at the same time.  All my other apps on the ROKU work just fine, no freezing.   Signal strength is Excellent on the livingroom TV and Good on the bedroom TV.  I have gotten the latest modem/router in the last month.   We have adjusted the WIFI channel numbers 3 times.

We know it's not the modem because I don't have a problem watching Spectrum on the PC or my Iphone.  The guys in Hudson Valley actually fixed this once and I had 1 evening and morning the app freezing in mid-show.  When it freezes, it could be 20 minutes or hours.    

Observer

No....because it's a ROKU stick, there is nothing you can plug into it.    The bottom line is the this.   Spectrum TV app on ROKU is a service that Spectrum provides so I don't have to hardwire everything.   That's why I got the ROKU and Spectrum has messed it up since they took over and their solution is to hardwire.  That's not acceptable.   So....with that said, I will get my national news from Reuters and from the other news apps.   My local news paper will be happy that I will be subscribing to them digitally now.....like I said, I can get NBC, CBS and ABC on Roku, granted it's not live TV, but I can live with that.

What I can't live with is Spectrum closing my ticket with ridiculous excuses because they can't fix the app.   This post was about feedback and I'm giving it.   They have stated it's their problem, they just apparently aren't willing or don't know how to fix it.   

I put yet another ticket in this morning and when I call tonight, I will know if I am dumping Spectrum or keeping them based on their answer.   

I do appreciate everyone's comments though.  So thank you, but....again, it's not my issue per Spectrum. 

Highlighted
Sharer

Yeah they closed your ticket just to be done with it and that is unacceptable. I have the same Roku stick you have and have no issues at all. My experience since the Spectrum changeover is much like the previous poster that said it actually seems to run a little better now. It is true that the app is more sensitive and needs a stronger signal than Netflix or most other apps. I'm wondering if you may have some radio interference causing your problems?

Observer

I think we need to remember that my Roku TWC app was working just fine until 2 1/2 weeks ago which is about when they switched it to Spectrum app.   Perhaps there is something different depending on where you are located?   I am in Burlington, NC and go through TWC Burlington.  I just called them and after being told that they just closed my ticket again, I cancelled my cable...I will survive.   I have SlingTV and I can use the network Apps to stream shows.  It's not that important to me if I watch them live.  

I will keep Spectrum internet for now.....The woman in billing or whoever they transferred me to so I could cancel my cable service,  stated that the internet will be switching over to the Spectrum packages in March and my bill for Ultimate 300 should decrease with the new packages and the 10.00 equipment fee should go away....we'll see.  For now I will keep internet, but if they screw it up like they did with the app, then that will be gone too.   I'm tired of every person that I talk to telling me how sorry they are that I'm having this trouble (yet they don't want to fix it).  At some point, the apologies just become condescending....and after a week of them....I've hit that point.....so I'm just done.   It is not worth this kind of aggravation and 5 hours + on the phone with Spectrum since last Saturday is time I will never get back....I have a life and I'm going back to it now Smiley Happy

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

@JARipka

I apologize for any service issues.  Roku stick is currently not supported on the updated Spectrum TV app.  Roku 3 or higher is supported.  The other versions may work, but you will see issues, such as the ones you described.  

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator