Not applicable

Anyone else dealing with a recurring RLP-1001 error when trying to watch Fox news?

10 REPLIES
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else dealing with a recurring RLP-1001 error when trying to watch Fox news?

Constantly, I've had a service tec here but he did nothing to help
Newcomer

Re: Anyone else dealing with a recurring RLP-1001 error when trying to watch Fox news?

yes all weekend and continuing.

Newcomer

Yes, it started about two days ago. I mostly notice it when watching Fox News but, I have seen it on other channels as well. I see lot's of posts here with people having this problem last year but don't see anything that explains what it is and who's side the problem is on. 

Any ideas here?

Newcomer

Yes, I started getting the same error last night.  It happened on more than one channel.

Lead Moderator

Good morning.

The specific error you are seeing RPL-1001 normally falls under the category of connectivity issues.

What steps if any have you all tried?

Normally we would suggest a full reboot.Pull the power on modem and router as well as cable box, if you are using one, wait one minute and then plug back in 

Modem, then router once the modem has finished. Once those are both online plug back

in the cable box for a reboot. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I have tried all of that and it ONLY happens on the Spectrum App... if it was one of the things you suggested it would happen on other apps or even when just using the Roku Interface and it doesn't. What are you going to do to fix this!?!?!?!?!?!?

Lead Moderator

Connectivity issues absolutely can cause issues with the App. This error message is

specifically listed under connection problems. 

If you would like to have your peers look over your information we can do that here. If you prefer to have direct support you can contact us at 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

From everything I have read in this forum it seems that the default answer is connectivity issues.  maybe the app writer should     a little more since from all appearances it is not.  We have a Roku TV with a wired connection (not wifi).  I have problems connecting to this app daily over the last few weeks.  The worst part is I use the food network app and it works fine, I use any other app and NEVER see a problem, it is only through this app and with YOUR internet.  So, is it the problem with my home network?  Well I work in IT and can say it is not since everything else works fine so it must be outside my network which would be your service?  is your server able to handle the load form its users?  maybe this should be looked into because it seems that, from my experiance and everything I have read in this forum, that it is not our home networks, but your service that seems to fail.

Kind Regards,

Very Dissatisfied Customer

Rookie

Add me to the list.  I have had problems since cutting the cable.  Yes, mostly Fox, but sometimes other channels.

I have had service people here at least 5 times.  They never send  the same person, and I get a different story each time.  Really, I don't think that they know what the solution to the problem is.

Myron