Spectator

"We are Unable to Present Channel" Error, also No Local Channels Avail in App

Beginning yesterday, my TWCTV app no longer was showing my Los Angeles local network channels in the line-up.  Earlier today, for appx 10% of the other channels on the line-up, I started getting a "We are unable to present (enter channel name here) at this time.  Please try a different channel or try again later. " error.  What is going on?  Is this a problem with my hardware/software version?  Is TWC changing it's channel line-up?  ...or is TWC having issues?

Thanks

7 REPLIES
Spectator

Re: "We are Unable to Present Channel" Error, also No Local Channels Avail in App

One day later and I am still experiencing this issue.  Things I've done so far.

1. Restart phone.

2. soft reset phone.

3. Cleared the cache in the app on my phone.

4. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. (3x)

5. Assured that I am connecting via my home wifi network.  

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue in Los Angeles or elsewhere?

Spectator

Re: "We are Unable to Present Channel" Error, also No Local Channels Avail in App

Same experience here.  No local channels under channel 34.  Have tried on multiple android tablets connected to Wi-Fi.  Took the same steps - restarted, cleared cache - can't get TWC app to recognize those channels.  When I click on them in the guide, it only allows me to "Watch on TV" but not "Watch Here."

Spectator

Try it again now.   It just started working again for me, as of 09/07/2016.

Newcomer

I'm having the same issue.

Just bought a Samsung 7 Edge. Am getting the same message as the others on this topic. Have no idea what the problem is?
Lead Moderator

@robinsr2009  Sorry to hear you are having problems.

This is quite an old thread. We encourage you to begin your own thread with 

some additional information about what you are experience. 

Are you having problems with other devices as well or just the new phone? 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Have you tried this?
This worked for me on my LG G5!
-Uninstall "Spectrum TV App"
-Go to Play Store settings >Auto-Update Apps>Do not Auto-Update Apps
-Google Search "TWC TV Android App Apk"
-Click on TWC TV 4.1.1.16 apk download link
-Scroll down to bottom of page
-Download TWC TV 4.8.0.20512.release
-Go to your download folder and download apk file
-Disregard any "False Positive" message stating file may harm your android device
-Go to App drawer, click on TWC TV App, log in and enjoy watching Live TV again!

Hope this helps you out!