Spectator

Unable to watch on TV...try again later

I receive the message 'unable to watch on TV' when trying to switch the TV channel from my Kindle. I have a JVC TV. This just started happening recently. I have tried reloading the app but that did not work.

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Unable to watch on TV...try again later

Spectrum is turning all that off as well as the wholehouse dvr's.  Hopefully they cut prices in half as well.

Boz
Sharer

Really, ?  Is that documented by TWC/Spectrum anywhere?

Expert

[ Edited ]

The discontinued WHDVR issue has been confirmed by TWC employees  in this forum and elsewhere, The tv anywhere/ TWCTV remote control issues are somewhat confirmed in that new ap upgrades have the functions deleted. I waas able to change channels on an old SA 4250 cable box via twctv it nolonger works, none of the data bases are synchronized.

Some of the issue is that there's too many different models of eqt and not all of it can be made compatable.

my opinion is the general trend is to get rid iof all DVR's and switch to IPTV-on demand- cloud based programming which was not available 10 years ago when dvr's were designed.

All new boxes have at least an 8 ch docsis 3 modem in them.

Lead Moderator

@rjamz Are you still having this issue? If you look at the cable box through  My Account under troubleshooting what color indicator do you see? If there is a communication issue

with the box you may see this issue. I would suggest unplugging the power to your cable box for 30 seconds to a minute and then plug that back in for a reboot.

Please let us know if you are still having trouble. 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I am having the same issue with my tablet, an Asus Zenpad 10.

The app works on a Nexus tablet, but not the Asus.