Highlighted
Browser

The Spectrum App keeps losing sound on various channels.

Unable to hear sound on various channels on the app over my phone Samsung Galaxy Avant. In case it were my memory or space I cleaned it all to no avail. So it is the app that isn't working?
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: The Spectrum App keeps losing sound on various channels.

@Alan_V

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?  This action resolves most issues.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Browser

After I cleaned out the memory and the cache and moved my pictures and video to a pc. I had just decided to do what you suggested by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I also rebooted the modem. Now it is working. All channels have audio.

I know what is ruining my memory on this phone. I joined Whatsapp. I landed in a family account and they pass around lots of video and pictures. So it was automatically downloading. That caused the phone, only 12 GB, to max out of memory. So I changed settings to not automatically download media.
Browser

I want to add that if it happens again, aside from clearing memory, I will first reboot modem and reinstall app. I am hoping not to deal with this often. This was a hand me down phone. I didn't realize that the whatsapp account was ruining my phone till a few days ago when I found months worth of video in the phone.