Newcomer

TWC app won't recognize DVR get error msg on app of 104, rdvr.none

At my old address i had control of my dvr on the app then there were connection issues at times so TWC decided to upgrade my box and swap it out. (it was old).  got new one and could no longer control (same model box but upgraded firmware)  they sent me new boxes 3 times but still no resolution.

I moved same city different zip code.  Says i should be able to control but still doesn't recognize the DVR as a DVR on the app.

I have called several times at both locations spending hours upon hours of TWC agent reading a script doing the same thing and no help. 

Are there tricks to getting it to recognize DVR.  APP MAC address matches MCARD UA

I am so tired of paying extra and getting nothing.  I am ready to jump ship after years with TWC now Spectrum. 

Please help with some tricks that have worked for you.

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: TWC app won't recognize DVR get error msg on app of 104, rdvr.none

can you change channels?

have you reset both your modem and the dvr?

Helper

Re: TWC app won't recognize DVR get error msg on app of 104, rdvr.none

gde4663 wrote:

At my old address i had control of my dvr on the app then there were connection issues at times so TWC decided to upgrade my box and swap it out. (it was old).  got new one and could no longer control (same model box but upgraded firmware)  they sent me new boxes 3 times but still no resolution.

I moved same city different zip code.  Says i should be able to control but still doesn't recognize the DVR as a DVR on the app.

I have called several times at both locations spending hours upon hours of TWC agent reading a script doing the same thing and no help. 

Are there tricks to getting it to recognize DVR.  APP MAC address matches MCARD UA

I am so tired of paying extra and getting nothing.  I am ready to jump ship after years with TWC now Spectrum. 

Please help with some tricks that have worked for you.

Hello,

New or swapped DVR boxes will take between 48-72 hours to connect to remote application services.  Mannagment needs to tell the level 1 CSR reps this, as many do not know this bit of information.

Satch