Highlighted
Rookie

TWC app on android tv box. does not expand for full screen..

i have a  android  box  and  if i watch time  warner via browser I can  get a full  screen on my tv...  If i use  the actual time warner app then i get a  screen that's 75%-90% blacked out with the equivalent  of an  average modern  5"-6"  cell phone display sitting in the  center.  Now the tv i was tryinhg  to use was only 39" but it was  extremely off putting.  Are there any plans  to add the ability to adjust app so that it display dynamicly depending on  actual screen size.  Dolphin,  Chrome, and firefox browser offer a  full scrren option, not to mention other video providers such as you tube. 

4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: TWC app on android tv box. does not expand for full screen..

What is an "Android box"?

Hello, @bqspearman.  The TWC TV app is not currently supported on Android TV devices.

The current devices that the app is supported on are:

iOS Smartphones/Tablets (requires iOS 8.1 or later)

Android Smartphones/Tablets (requires Android 4.x or later)

Kindle Fire HD & HDX

Roku

Samsung Smart TVs (compatible models shown HERE)

Xbox One & Xbox 360

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here
Rookie

it's  a small box that plugs into your tv like a roku or amazon fire adapter,   except it  runs a open ended  android operating system.  It turns your  tv into a large tablet that  has the capability to stream media.  They are also often refered to as Kodi/xmbc boxes.

Newcomer

What about the Samsung Galaxy View. Its a tablet running Lollipop 5.1.1. And it does the same thing And will not go full screen.