Browser

Re: TWC TV on Nvidia Shield

Rejoice fellow Shield TV owners. Release 5.10.0 works on my Shield. I am not running the stock Shield OS. I installed full Android Nougat a little while ago. This gives me full Playstore and this release was available today.  I will be interested in others feedback.

Newcomer

cjeman wrote:

Rejoice fellow Shield TV owners. Release 5.10.0 works on my Shield. I am not running the stock Shield OS. I installed full Android Nougat a little while ago. This gives me full Playstore and this release was available today.  I will be interested in others feedback.

While "installing" full nougat sounds innocuous enough and may indeed work, it is not the answer for most. Just the possiblity of bricking your shield to garner use of what should be an  open platform app seems like overkill.

TWC/SPECTRUM needs to implement the insertion of its app to all media home streamers as soon as possible....meaning today.

Why they have chosen the weakest streaming devices as OK FOR USE, eludes me.

Spectrum will have to comply as there "box rental" fees are on the FCC's short list of things to "dispose of".

So Spectrum, write the code please!

Doug k

Newcomer

Sideloaded the latest app today from es explorer. After some fiddling, it works.... Sorta.

Must use a mouse or the game controller. The wand does not get it done. Let alone my universal...

A bit glitchy but plays the live stuff well. No way to access the Dvr that I could find but I have not tried too hard there. It might not even be possible. I just do not know.

Anyway, if your stb fails, you have a backup of sorts.

All the best,
Doug k
Newcomer

Was about to sign up for spectrum TV and I have a Shield console. Noticed the play store shows this device as not compatible (Android TV), good thing I didn't pull the trigger.

Think I'll wait for official support before ordering.

No support