Newcomer

TWC TV on Nvidia Shield

When will you release a version for this popular device???

12 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: TWC TV on Nvidia Shield

Our apologies, information on if or when this will be available is not known 

at this time.

Please do enjoy TWCTV on the other platforms we currently support:

Learn more at Watch TWCTV

Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Newcomer

How hard is this simple app to port over to shield tv. Its already available for android this cant be too hard. This is what happens with corporations think they are too arrogant to listen to what there customers want.
Newcomer

Making ur apps so restrictive is what causes you guys to not have as many customers. Take a cue from google! This why pirating is so big right now you guys are so restrictive about everything.
Browser

I responded to another post with this:

'I too would like to see this app made available on Shield TV.  I side loaded the the current Android app on mine and it complained about an HDMI compliance issue and ends on launch.  The app runs well on my Roku devices. If we could get this on Shield, I would have 99% of my needs on one platform. We all pay Spectrum a fairly hefty fee for service. I see this being a service issue and would agree to be a beta tester for any required testing.'

Newcomer

This is dump a simple app cannot be "modified" to play in a similar platform. Android TV is the most popular streaming TV platform out there. Amazon Fire along with the Shield TV have a big chunk in share market (in competition with roku ). For me it is ridiculous do not have an app for android TV. I hope "Spectrum" fix this. By the way as soon Google fiver start the service in my city i will have to say good the Spectrum weak costumer service and support. Spectrum, you do not listen your costumers and then they will go with others.

Give access to food network within 6 months or I'm leaving your service and never returning.
Rookie

Any news on a Spectrum app for Android TV?

Community Manager

@bmaka3234

Here is a link to Devices Compatible for the Spectrum App.  Currently only Samsung Smart TV's (2012-2016)  are compatible.  If new devices are added in the future, the link will be updated.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Rookie

[ Edited ]

Right but any plans in the pipeline for an Android TV app?