Rookie

TWC App on Google Pixel not working

[ Edited ]
Does anyone know about this issue? Downloaded fine. Was able to sign on. I see all my channels, but always says it's currently unavailable.
10 REPLIES
Observer

Re: TWC App on Google Pixel not working

works fine on my pixel

Rookie

Thanks for the feeback.  I tried uninstalling and starting from scratch, but that did not work either.

Newcomer

It does not work on my pixel xl either

Are you logged in using your home network or are you using mobile data?

Newcomer

Did this issue ever get resolved? After the last update, my Pixel XL stopped working as well. Doesn't matter if I stream from Wi-Fi or cell data, it will NOT stream live TV nor on-demand shows. It's only good for the channel guide only! Technician even came to my house, fixed an issue with the internet, but it didn't help the Pixel and TWC app issue. I'm thinking it's an app issue! I didn't change any settings after the last TWC update, and it worked fine before it...
Rookie

[ Edited ]

Also have this issue on my Pixel XL. Help from customer service/tech team was basically update app, clear data, clear cache, uninstall, reinstall - the basics.  They don't see the problem on their end so it does not exist. Even though they say they have tested with a Pixel, I am confident that they have not and are ignoring this issue. They also say they have no other complaints with this phone (which this thread is evidence of).

If there are any members here that are still experiencing issues with the TWC TV app on their Google Pixel/Pixel XL, we ask that you please private message your account information to us at this link so we may further investigate this.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Newcomer

COMMUNITY MANAGER
Options
yesterday
Re: SOLVED! SPECTRUM TV APP LIVE TV!
Housing184 wrote:
This worked for me on my LG G5!
-Uninstall "Spectrum TV App"
-Go to Play Store settings >Auto-Update Apps>Do not Auto-Update Apps
-Google Search "TWC TV Android App Apk"
-Click on TWC TV 4.1.1.16 apk download link
-Scroll down to bottom of page
-Download TWC TV 4.8.0.20512.release
-Go to your download folder and download apk file
-Disregard any "False Positive" message stating file may harm your android device
-Go to App drawer, click on TWC TV App, log in and enjoy watching Live TV again!

Hope this helps you out!
@Housing184,
Rookie

Using a 17 month old app version is hardly a solution to the problem.