Highlighted
Newcomer

TWC App doesn't work on Android TV

I need the Android TV support for Sony TVs. I see that folks have been asking about this support for more than a year. Please implement this asap. Othwerwise, I'll be forced to switch to FIOS which is being installed in our building.

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: TWC App doesn't work on Android TV

Currently the only SmartTV that supports the TWC TV App is Samsung.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Newcomer

This does not constitute a solution TWC! I have a Shield Android TV, love it, and would really like to run the TWC app on there. I don't understand the resistance or technical difficulty. I pay a lot of money to TWC each month, and I just want some freedom from your set-top box. Come on, Android and Apple TV markets are user communities.
Rookie

This is not true for any new 2016 TVs. Just purchased a brand new Samsung TV. According to Samsung none of the 2016 (any KU Samsung SmartHUB models) work with TWCTV app. I can confirm this bad experience since I was fooled and bought the TV. The FAQ note on the Time Warner Cable website is fraud. Is mistakently suggests the TWCTV app works on all Samsung SmartTVs from 2012. It does not. This is a lie. If you are buying a new 4K TV and expecting your cable channels to work on it, you will be shocked. Time to get your content from other sources. Time Warner fails the consumer again (this time with public lies).

Newcomer

TWC/Spectrum Employee. As an app developer, I am experimentally able to load your services on a modified Android tv os. I am just wondering why the developer for your company is unable to publish this to the masses? Is this a legal battle with the app store? Is there any update when this service will be added to most smart TVs. It seems like you guys are pulling a bose and segregating the consumer community and herding them to buy a specific product that currently is not what the masses want.

Expert

I just had a Biz class customer blatantly lied to.. Unless I see an AP for D or E class Vizio sets and Toshiba smartcasts....  And worst yet, a large quantity of sets...

Has anyone seen the AP in the Google store? I sure as heck can't find it

I also have searched using a Vizio VAP 430 android box, don't see a TWC/ Spectrum ap either.