Highlighted
Rookie

Spectrum TV app resolution on big TV

I installed the Spectrum TV app on an Android box that I use with a 65" Mitsubishi HDTV. The Android box produces beautiful pictures with other content apps such as HD Home Run or Netflix, but with Spectrum TV the picture is horrible, almost as if it is only preparing a picture for a small device such as a phone or tablet. How can I get the app to produce a quality picture for a large TV? Thank you. -Marty

3 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Spectrum TV app resolution on big TV

MartyU wrote:

I installed the Spectrum TV app on an Android box that I use with a 65" Mitsubishi HDTV. The Android box produces beautiful pictures with other content apps such as HD Home Run or Netflix, but with Spectrum TV the picture is horrible, almost as if it is only preparing a picture for a small device such as a phone or tablet. How can I get the app to produce a quality picture for a large TV? Thank you. -Marty

You hit the nail on the head...the app you're using is only officially supported on an android phone or tablet. The app is not supported on an Android streaming device. The only streaming box type device officially supported is a Roku.

Rookie

Good to know. I have to decide in a week whether to keep their streaming TV service and there is no use keeping it if I have to watch TV on a 10" tablet with batteries that die in an hour while my giant TV sits idle. Guess I'll go back to picking up the locals over the air / HD Home Run. If only someday these monopolies were forced to compete for customers, they might listen to what customers want to do instead of telling them. Thanks, reds!

Helper

Roku Streaming Sticks are about $35.