Observer

Spectrum TV App

The Spectrum Tv App on my Chromebook 15 has suddenly started showing a small  panel about 4.5 inches wide instead of a full screen when I open it.  The screen image is not even a small version of a full screen but an incomplete chopped off image with the tv listings beneath it. Other times I"m getting a full live tv screen but no channel listing for me to change the channel and no icons for volume control or shrinking the screen. I've already follwed instructions from Spectrum's website and unpugged the modem for a time and reinstalled the Spectrum Tv App from Google Play. So now what?  

5 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Spectrum TV App

If you're using the Android app perhaps it thinks you're on a phone and not a laptop. Do you get a full screen when viewing online via the browser instead of the app?

I say this because I'm 99.9% sure the app only officially supports Android mobile devices, not laptops or Android TV boxes or other Android-running devices.

Lead Moderator

Morning!

The Spectrum TV is supported on multiple android products.

Available on: Computer • iOS (iPad®/iPhone®) • Xbox One™ • Android™ • Kindle Fire & HDX • Samsung Smart TV • ROKU®

Are you able to provide us some screen shots of what you are seeing? What do you see when you use a web browser? That would be the best way to utilize the Spectrum TV on a laptop. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

I think you nailed it. Thanks. I downloaded Spectrum TV from their website.

Observer

I uninstalled the Spectrum app from Google Play and went to Spectrum's website and downloaded  watch.spectrum.net directly from the website. Problem solved. 

Observer

You are correct. I uninstalled the app and went to Spectrum's webpage and downloaded from there.