Newcomer

Spectrum TV App on Android TV

I have a question for Spectrum technical support:

I have a Sony smart TV with Android 7.0 built-in. The current Spectrum TV app for Android is not compatible with Android TV. This is quite puzzling, since the Spectrum TV app is compatible with other Android devices, running Android 4.0 or newer.

At the moment, I have to install on my TV an app for practically every TV channel and log in with my Spectrum credentials.

Is Spectrum planning to update the app so that it runs on Android TV?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Spectrum TV App on Android TV

@YSBUwrote:

I have a question for Spectrum technical support:

I have a Sony smart TV with Android 7.0 built-in. The current Spectrum TV app for Android is not compatible with Android TV. This is quite puzzling, since the Spectrum TV app is compatible with other Android devices, running Android 4.0 or newer.

At the moment, I have to install on my TV an app for practically every TV channel and log in with my Spectrum credentials.

Is Spectrum planning to update the app so that it runs on Android TV?

Thanks.

Unlikely. Roku is the exclusive streaming device (along with Xbox One) officially supported by Spectrum (no Apple TV or Fire TV either). The app is supported on Android and Apple MOBILE devices but that is an entirely different class of device.

Community Manager

Re: Spectrum TV App on Android TV

@YSBU

Currently, the Spectrum TV App is available exclusively on Samsung TV's and Roku TVs.    If this changes in the future, it will be announced on www.spectrum.net.