Rookie

Spectrum Live TV android: Err Cd DLC-1005 - Limited channel avail, annoying ads, screen lock ups

On 8/31/17, started getting an error code DLC-1005 on my android Spectrum Live TV app (have Spectrum Gold TV, Intenet & Phone). Error message says "Some channels available. Some channels are currently available. For full access. connect to your Spectrum Internet service. OK" When "OK" is pressed, local channels along with numerous other channels I watch are missing (like news channels 201 to 208). Have uninstalled / reinstalled the app numerous times, rebooted the Spectrum modem and router & reset the set top box with no luck. Annoying ads have also started showing up lately when watching TV that causes the screen to lock up & miss portions of the show. Also, have had numerous screen lock ups (but hear the voice OK) ever since I switched to Spectrum in late June '17. Each time I have to switch to another channel then go back to the watched channel. Very annoying for the amount of $ spent each month on Spectrum services... Glad there is no contract.. 

Called Spectrum Tech Person on 9/3/17 & they said it was a recent reported problem & are actively working on it (ticket #PRB000012414566) and will fix these complaints. Not sure when the ticket was opened & no fix timeframe was given.

6 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Spectrum Live TV android: Err Cd DLC-1005 - Limited channel avail, annoying ads, screen lock ups

Yep, I'm getting that too!

Rookie

Re: Spectrum Live TV android: Err Cd DLC-1005 - Limited channel avail, annoying ads, screen lock ups

Getting the same issue on Android and iPhone while on spectrum internet. Is annoying when you're trying to setup your DVD recordings and you pay so much for your service.
Observer

Getting the same 1005 error code on my Pixel XL and no local San Diego channels showing, only getting like 5 channels and the rest are greyed out...
Used to do that only when I was on LTE, now it's doing it at home on WiFi...? What Happened? Is someone going to fix this soon?
Observer

ATTN!!! It's just been reported by Reddit users that Android Oreo ver. 8.0.0 has a "Bug" that keeps (MOBILE DATA) ON!!! Even when on WiFi...
It appears to be the problem we are having with not getting ALL channels on WiFi!
Solution is to turn off Mobile Data while at home using WiFi.
I was able to just Toggle mobile data off and on during testing this hypothesis and my FULL channel lineup is now Working! Yaaaaa!!!
Rookie

Not sure what you mean by "Solution is to turn off Mobile Data while at home using WiFi". 

I am using a Samsung tablet Nexus model 10 w/ Android version 5.1.1. with Spectrum internet (60Mbs).

I did uninstall the Spectrum TV app, reinstalled it last night & I now get all channels I pay for... However, over the 45 mins I used it, the screen locked up 5 times w/ gray pixelation at screen bottom (but voice OK). I tap another channel then immediately retap the channel I was watching but soon it happens all over again. Also got several annoying ads that cause the Live TV screen to lock up again. PITA. I am using it now & it's locked up 3X already in 10 mins.

Spectrum: Any solutions to the Samsung Nexus 10 screen lockup problem?

Observer

Im sorry, my comment was with the same type of issue, with my Phone ( Pixel XL ver. 8.0.0 ).

I just looked up the specs per your tablet and see you don't use Mobile data...WiFi only!

"I have had this same type of issue before on Wi Fi" like when i was getting out of range of my WiFi / Router ,  when I went out into my Back Yard,  (a distance from my router), my screen would lock up and the sound would still be working fine...

My only help i can think of at the moment, is your ( Loosing Signal Strength ).

Try downloading  (SPEEDTEST by OOKLA)  and test your WiFi speed at different locations.

That may or may not help you troubleshoot your problem... Good luck!

Different issue: Spectrum  recently had to come out and put an INLINE Booster because our 

actual incoming signal from the street was so degraded our 4k TV's picture started looking like it was a "240p" pic. It got real bad. but they came out and fixed eveything!!