This worked for me on my LG G5!
-Uninstall "Spectrum TV App"
-Go to Play Store settings >Auto-Update Apps>Do not Auto-Update Apps
-Google Search "TWC TV Android App Apk"
-Click on TWC TV 4.1.1.16 apk download link
-Scroll down to bottom of page
-Download TWC TV 4.8.0.20512.release
-Go to your download folder and download apk file
-Disregard any "False Positive" message stating file may harm your android device
-Go to App drawer, click on TWC TV App, log in and enjoy watching Live TV again!

Hope this helps you out!
7 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: SOLVED! SPECTRUM TV APP LIVE TV!

Housing184 wrote:
This worked for me on my LG G5!
-Uninstall "Spectrum TV App"
-Go to Play Store settings >Auto-Update Apps>Do not Auto-Update Apps
-Google Search "TWC TV Android App Apk"
-Click on TWC TV 4.1.1.16 apk download link
-Scroll down to bottom of page
-Download TWC TV 4.8.0.20512.release
-Go to your download folder and download apk file
-Disregard any "False Positive" message stating file may harm your android device
-Go to App drawer, click on TWC TV App, log in and enjoy watching Live TV again!

Hope this helps you out!

@Housing184

I'm re-posting your comments so I can mark it as a solution (original posts cannot be solutions).  Thanks for sharing on the Forums!  We appreciate you taking the time to share your solution.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Rookie

Thanks James for Re-Posting my post! It has worked for me and wanted to share it with everyone!

Rookie

I find it hilarious that google searching for an .apk of the version from 17 months ago is being marked by an admin as a solution.

Boz
Sharer

amnigo wrote:

I find it hilarious that google searching for an .apk of the version from 17 months ago is being marked by an admin as a solution.

Lol.  Now that you point it out, yes that IS amusing! Haha!

After getting the same error, I did this, but had to use a diff version, but worked like a charm!! Thanks!!

This is freaking ridiculous. I have a galaxy tab e and cannot install previous version. Can't TWC provide an app that works with galaxy tab.

Rookie

MacLuis1,
Sorry it didn't work for your tablet! I have only tried and tested it on my LG G5 and haven't had any problems yet! Are you able to install ANY old TWC apk file? or just the one I recommended? I received a response from another member and they used a newer version of the OLD TWC apk file!