Highlighted
Participant

New Kindle Fire HD8 Tablet and TWC App Video Freezes

I have the recently (Sep 2016) released Kindle Fire HD8 tablet and loaded the TWC app.  On certain channels (not all) the video will freeze after about one minute while the audio continues to play.   On other channels there have been no issues, i have played it for 2 or more hours on some channels and it never froze.  So it is definitely related to a channel, i tried uninstalling the app and reinstalled only to have the issue repeat itself. 

Question, is this a Amazon issue or TWC issue, who develops the app and is responsible for fixing (given i can direct this to the department within these companies and actually get someone to do something about it)?

4 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: New Kindle Fire HD8 Tablet and TWC App Video Freezes

We would be happy to look into this further. 

A few questions to begin. If you open the TWCTV on an alternate platform, PC, Smart Phone etc do you see the same issue with the same program, same channel or does this

happen only on the Kindle Fire? 

When the picture freezes and the audio continues at what point, if ever, does the video

continue? If it does then continue does it jump to current or does it still lag behind 

the audio?

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Participant

Hi Julia, thank you for your response.

This issue does not happen on my android phone (Samsung Galaxy Luna with 6.0 marshmellow) or my wife's IPAD (these are the only other devices I have tried).  I just did an experiment.  I tuned my phone and my wife's Kindle Fire (she has the same model i do) to the same channel that had issues in the past, the phone is still going, my wife's kindle fire video stopped after a minute.  So it is definitely limited to the Kindle Fire and if 2 can be sufficient sample size, appears to be an issue with all of them.

As far as the video starting up again, it hasn't, i have only left it on for a minute or two to see if it would ever unfreeze, and it hasn't.  When i get out of the channel (switch to another channel and come back it works again, but stops after a minute like before).

This is really strange, since some channels have no issues, i thought it was sports channels at first, because last night i tried to watch football on ESPN (froze), and then baseball on TBS (froze), and then hockey was on FS1 (froze).  But TBS has more than just sports  and it freezes anytime i tune to that channel.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Lead Moderator

That is some good information to begin with.

I ask that you please  private message us with some additional information when you have a  few moments. 

1. Your account number

2. Your username/usernames

3. Examples of channels you do see and do not see the issue.

4. Does this happen during commercials or the programs? Do you notice a pattern?

5. Please include the current version of TWCTV that is on your devices. If you will check  each of the Kindles for this it would be appreciated.

6. Are you using a 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz wireless on these devices? If 5 Ghz do you know what channel you have the router set to? Amazon suggests 5Ghz channel 36 for the Kindle Fire.

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Regards,

Julia R.

^TWC-Social Media Customer Care

Moderator-Community Forums

Participant

I just updated my router with a Dlink AC 1900 and the issue has resolved itself.  I previously was using a Linksys E2000, older technology but it worked fine on most of my devices.  But the new router has better performance and range and as an added bonus fixed this issue with some channels freezing on my Kindle Fire.

Thanks