Highlighted
Expert

Need a wifi only android device to run google store/google play/ google cast.

[ Edited ]

What's out there? Can I buy one of the prepaid phones that comes with NO free time and not activate the phone service at all?

It does not need to access TWCTV, just act as a terminal device on 2.4/5.8 gHz wireless /wifi, does not need any 4GLTE connectivity either.

It may need bluetooth connectivity, I don't have a good list of required options yet.

2 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Need a wifi only android device to run google store/google play/ google cast.

Yes.  Lots of people buy a prepaid Android device, never activate it, and use it like a mini tablet.  All should have BT.  But double check to make sure whatever you're considering has both 2.4/5.8 gHz WiFi.

Expert

Re: Need a wifi only android device to run google store/google play/ google cast.

[ Edited ]

need one to create a TV/Cable/projector remote control as well as access "castable" programming for a customer on a simple to use device.

It would be nice if Toshiba made a remote like the Vizio one with the full ascii keyboard on the underside.... I can get the Toshiba one as an app and send it to one or more tv's via wifi.

The "RF remote" option for DirecTv uses bluetooth, I have some Vizio vap 430 boxes that make any hdmi set act like a Vizio with the internet streaming and DLNA players.

I was just curious as to whether a Sprint or AT&T "branded" prepaid phone with no paid for minutes would try to sabotauge my wifi connection, either from TWC, Uverse or Windstream...