Error When Using "Watch On Tv" From App

The issue I have is some of the OnDemand programming will not play on the TV with the "Watch On TV" option. I am only referring to programming that is suppose to work with that feature. It is strange because when categorized by channel, some channels all programming works fine but others every show will act like it is going to work says "Playing On LivingroomTV" but a second or two later the Error pops up. Spectrum/TWC has not been able to figure out why this happening. Some of the channels that give an error on all shows are Discovery, TBS, A&E, AMC & others. Some that work fine are Comedy Central, TNT, Sundance & WE. Channel ownership seems to have nothing to do with it. Is anybody else experiencing this.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Error When Using "Watch On Tv" From App

@TheRealTravis,  

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing issues with the app. Typically, reinstalling the app will resolve most issues.  You may also need to restart the set top box.  If the issue is not resolved, please let us know.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Rookie

Reinstalling the app seems like the stock answer for any problem with the app. Have done that many times on different platforms. Still get frequent errors about not being able to watch channels, set DVR, or watch On Demand regardless of platform randomly. Have called many times, can't fix and they say they will report to app team or management. Nothing ever seems to get fixed and there is never any follow up it seems. Spoke with former employee recently who said it is because they are not investing in the server and streaming equipment necessary to keep up with the demand. Looking at other streaming options as a result.

All the time.
Rookie

On 8/31/17, started getting an error code DLC-1005 on my android Spectrum Live TV app (have Spectrum Gold TV, Intenet & Phone). Error message says "Some channels available. Some channels are currently available. For full access. connect to your Spectrum Internet service. OK" When "OK" is pressed, local channels along with numerous other channels I watch are missing (like news channels 201 to 208). Have uninstalled / reinstalled the app numerous times, rebooted the Spectrum modem and router & reset the set top box with no luck. Annoying ads have also started showing up lately when watching TV that causes the screen to lock up & miss portions of the show. Also, have had numerous screen lock ups (but hear the voice OK) ever since I switched to Spectrum in late June '17. Each time I have to switch to another channel then go back to the watched channel. Very annoying for the amount of $ spent each month on Spectrum services... Glad there is no contract...

Called Spectrum Tech Person on 9/3/17 & they said it was a recent reported problem & are actively working on it (ticket #PRB000012414566) and will fix these complaints. Not sure when ticket was opened & no fix timeframe was given.