Rookie

Chromecast Streaming using an Android mobile device with the TWCTV App or TWC Web Site

Forum Members and TWC,

Chromecast Streaming using an Android mobile device with the TWCTV App or TWC Web Site is NOT WORKING:

Using the App, the Chromecast icon does not appear, so steaming cannot occur.

Using the Web Site, Adobe Flash Player is not compatible with the Andriod operating system, so steaming cannot occur.

NOTE:Using the Web Site, with a computer (w/Adobe Flash Player) does allow Chromecast streaming.

Any inputs from the forum and/or TWC, when this functionality will be corrected for Android mobile devices using Chromecast streaming solution?  Also, is there a current work around?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Chromecast Streaming using an Android mobile device with the TWCTV App or TWC Web Site

This is an old problem with "TWC working on it"

Months old....

Rookie

Re: Chromecast Streaming using an Android mobile device with the TWCTV App or TWC Web Site

Has TWC announced a release date?

Rookie

Forum Members and TWC,

Has TWC announced a release date?

Lead Moderator

At this time we do not have a release date. 

We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your interest in this!

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a happy and healthy New Year!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Rookie

Hi Julia,

Appreciate the input.  Although, I should have clarified, please provide release date responses for both requests:

1.  the ability to Chromecast using the TWC TV app and 

2.  the ability to Chromecast using the TWC Web Site using android devices (w/o Flash capability)

QUESTION:  If dates have not been identified, what prevents the requests from being supported?

Thanks!

Richard

Lead Moderator

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with the background on why some devices are supported and some are not. 

If and when new devices become supported there will updates listed on our website. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a happy and healthy New Year! 

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator - TWC Community Forums

I think it is most likely because time warner has a deal with Roku.  As a result, they are refusing to support chromecast.

Browser

They may have a deal with Roku buit I have four Rokus and none of them work with the TWC app.  I thought I might be able to make do with tablens and the TWC app but that doesn't work either.  It amazes me how hard they are pushing to get me to move to another provider.

Observer

the work around for casting from an android phone is just cast your screen using the mirror phone screen option.. the downside is that you cant use ur phone for other things while casting.