Browser

Certain episodes not showing on the on demand list in app

I have been watching a tv show (the simpsons) and it has several seasons on the on demand. I noticed the TV has all episodes, while the app will be missing a few episodes across several seasons. All episodes appear to be from fxx, so I don't think there is an issue of network rules. Any ideas? Perhaps this is an error?

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Certain episodes not showing on the on demand list in app

Copyright holder, not the network sets the permissions, thety are 2 different lists and can even restrict playback on specific mfg's tv's, lol.

Trusted Helper

MsRaye wrote:

Copyright holder, not the network sets the permissions, thety are 2 different lists and can even restrict playback on specific mfg's tv's, lol.

I don't think the model of TV would matter in this case.  But the type of application (mobile vs. STB) may have different parameters for On Demand broadcasts.  Those would be determined by the networks.  This is why sometimes you will see a channel on the STB that isn't available mobily.

Satch

Browser

This problem is not limited to Android. It also applies to Apple, samsung tv, and web browser apps. I just think it is odd that specific episodes are missing.