Participant

Android TWC/Specturn TV App for Google Nexus Player?

Is there an Android version of the TWC/Spectrum TV app for the Google Nexus Player (running Android 7.1)?

The version on my phone works fine on WiFi, but the .apk launches sideways and blanks out (blue) when run on the Nexus Player.

Would be a great way to get live TV  on the Nexus Player, if it worked.

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Android TWC/Specturn TV App for Google Nexus Player?

the entire AP situation is a nightmare.... too many non compatable devices or firmware versions, nothings backwards compatable... Have 10 new 70" screens, can't get them to fire up until the firmware is "upgraded", takes 20 minutes each on wireless because the ethernets not recognized. And of course not enough bandwidth on wireless to do more than one at once as It only allows one at a time...

Can't get a user friendly single icon to start the darn APs either, have to login to google first....

Got some Aps that won't run unless logged in via AT&T when there's free wifi available... So you eat all your months bandwidth

You're lucky yours  even works...

Participant

I plugged my Windows 10 laptop hdmi output to my old HDTV's hdmi input, and I can watch Spectrum TV via the Spectrum website (Live TV) running on the laptop on a HDTV that is not connected via a  set top box or digital converter.

Participant

The Netflix and Hulu Android apps work remarkably well on the Google Nexus Player, using my home WiFi.

The Google Nexus Player has a little more processing power than an Amazon fireTV stick.