Rookie

Re: Android TV support

Time Warner Cable please realize the need for this support. Consumers aren't putting up with being locked out of systems and will easily switch to more open ones. I like TWC but i suppose the XDA route will do for now. Until you decide to be jerks and block that too.

Rookie

i am with you. i cannot stand the junk box they lease to us.
Newcomer

Nvidia shield here , i don't even think cable boxes are necessary. Just role out the IP TV trial from NY to the rest of us
Newcomer

Root your device and use an hdmi virtual switch so it doesn't know you have an hdmi
Expert

Chisholm7 wrote:
Nvidia shield here , i don't even think cable boxes are necessary. Just role out the IP TV trial from NY to the rest of us

IPTV does not work well if at all on TWC's horrible infrastructure. There is no error correction and it's full of stutters and pixellation from erratic internet connectivity and errors that uncorrected

Spectator

Just want to add another person that would like to see this.  I just bought an Nvidia Shield to replace my old Xbox 360 for streaming content.  First app I went to install was this one. Except, it's not available...    I guess that it's my mistake for assuming it would be available for Android TV.

Dear Spectrum (Previously TWC),

I assert the following in good faith that your teams and leadership are focused on providing a quality service to us (your customers) and also to ensuring that your business remains profitable:

1. Consider the fate of the Kodak company (film division) as a use case:

A. They did not yield to the disruptive changes in their market, which essentially forced them out of business.

B. Other businesses in their market sector paid attention to the disruptive changes occuring in their market and evolved themselves to continue being profitable while delivering on core competencies that the company had. 

C. As a result of Kodak "ignoring the changes happening in their market", they were essentially forced (by their own hand/choices) to continually be beaten down by the forces at play (the markets preferences) and the terrible additional work for leadership/employees that resulted from the choice of staying with the primary product of film which was a data medium that was becoming outdated and replaced by a superior technology (arguable in some pedantic respects).

Thus, I am leaving you this advice as a certified process engineer who helps organizations fix problems that are dragging them and their well-meaning employees/leadership down due to unnecessary stress and additional work:

Please pay attention to what your customers are asking for. This might be scary upon first reading the requests since likely they are asking for something that you either:

A. Do not provide and do not know how to provide.

B. Evokes an emotional response which makes you defensive upon reading since you are naturally projecting the consequences of the changes you are seeing in the market upon your primary business services and how that might erode your customers/profit margins.

The remedy for the above is simple:

1. Don't be worried about "how you will get there" in terms of making the changes required to satisfy your customers. You already have a lot of smart people working for you who navigated the uncertainty previously, and they will certainly do it again (in the case of evolving your services to meet customers preferences and expectations).

2. Triangulate your opinions with subject matter experts. In saying this I mean that if you fear making changes, that means that your brain is uncertain of how to proceed with making those changes and will either seek to "ignore reality" and hope that the problems go away (they won't)