Highlighted
Newcomer

Android TV support

I'm wondering if there is Android TV support on the roadmap. It would seem the majority of the work would be adding D-pad navigation elements to the existing Android app so it shouldn't be much work to do. We need TWC TV for Android TV now please!!

26 REPLIES

Re: Android TV support

I know that this is an often requested feature for the app. Although I do not know of any direct plans to add it, I would not be surprised to see it in future updates.

Tim K
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums
Spectator

Hi,

I see the same answer was posted back on 3-9 (almost 5 months ago) as it was 2 weeks ago in this thread:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/TWC-TV-for-Android/TWC-TV-for-Android-TV/td-p/68592/

Is there a way we can view the priority of TWC releasing the TWC TV app for the Android TV platform? Or at least get a rough timeline estimate? It seems to be a "hot" enough question...

Thanks!

Rookie

Im another customer with a monthly bill well over a hundred dollars... a frustrated customer tired of the tricks and games wondering how can you people release this latest update ignoring those of us who have been asking this for over a year now. Ridiculous. Greed.

Rookie

Just to adjust the expectations of Time Warner customers, the Android app on regular TV boxes is intentionally crippled to prevent HDMI output, so navigation is the least of your problems. 

Rookie

Ive noticed. Ive been using a wireless keyboard/touchpad combo and been able to achieve somewhat decent navigation with that. Also being rooted with pie controls really helps a lot too. I dont know what the issue with Time Warner is but Linux users and Android TV consoles gets no love.
Rookie

its pathetic because every other streaming service works great for me on both platforms. I say its a matter of time before I convince the other members of my household and as many other people I know to cut the cord.
Rookie

Any update? I have a brand new sony TV and a crappy tv set box that is incredibly slow. I would really like to be able to have the app on my tv so I don't need the box. I see a direct TV app is there... I don't want that crap though
Rookie

[ Edited ]

thats the problem. They're reluctant to open an opportunity for people to can their slow crappy cable boxes. I'm not sure what they have against Linux either because every other streaming website orks on my PC except TW. The mod said they cant promise a timeframe when it is simply removing the restriction they have for using hdmi connected devices. (the cable box is hmdi) so ? Not only that, from what I hear, they are evolving their hdmi blocking to shut down those who have bypasses for it. Sad that they think that they are the only option for getting TV. its just a matter of time

PLEASE UPDATE THE ANDROID APP FOR http://www.android.com/tv/

[ Edited ]

App updated on October 29, 2015, Nexus Player STILL not supported...Would like to review this, but STILL not compatible with AndroidTV Distribute to Android TV!!! http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/tv.htm

AndroidTV is on several models of Sony TV, NVidia Shield TV, Nexus Player, Amazon Fire TV, Razer Forge TV.

It shouldn't be too hard, since you do have the app on Roku and android Phones/ Tablets...