Rookie

Will my TV eventually be compatible with the spectrum tv app?

My 2017 samsung isn't compatible. I'm wondering if it's just because it's still new or is it never going to be compatible with the app? I can download it but it won't let me sign in. All i get is an error to connect to the spectrum internet(error: SLC-1000).  I'm wired btw if that matters. 

3 REPLIES
Spectator

Re: Will my TV eventually be compatible with the spectrum tv app?

Spectrum TV app is for computers, tablets and phones--not tv. TV uses the cable box and has much more services available. All tvs will have to have a separate cable box very soon. 

Spectrum Employee

Hello there,

Lets double check that you tv is on this list: http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G00009313465-compatible

If so, we have some solutions about reseting the Samsung hub, redownloading the Spectrum app, and rebooting your modem and router to resolve the connetion issue. 

I personally use the Spectrum app on a Samsung TV and a Roku TV(Hitachi), while my family uses the dvr on the other tv of the house.  It really does work!! Make sure your TV is up to date on it software also. I have my Samsung set to auto-update, but every so often I manually check it and have gotten software updates for the TV. 

Tell us more about what steps you have taken, so we can guide you more.

Ry

Browser

The latest Spectrum Samsung app does run on more Samsung smart models than the "official" list of supported Samsungs lists.   Just saying.    You almost don't know until you try it.