Highlighted
Spectator

Where is the Xbox 360 app?

I've searched the twc forum and the internet, and I see directions to set up my account and watch the twc app on my Xbox 360. However the app is nowhere to be found when I search or browse for in on the system. Did Microsoft or twc delete the app?
10 REPLIES

Re: Where is the Xbox 360 app?

Are you searching for the TWC TV application? The Xbox 360 is among the devices that the application is available on.
Spectator

Yes, I've used the browse function and the search function. Browse gives me 28 apps and search gives me 200. Twc is not in any of them.

Below is a link providing set up instructions for the TWC TV application on your Xbox:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/apps/twc-tv-setup

In addition, please reboot your modem by unplugging from the power source for 20 seconds ensuring all of the lights go out. You will also need to verify your account via https://myservices.timewarnercable.com/ before you will be able to utilize the application. Once these steps are completed, please let us know if you are still in need of assistance by contacting support privately through the following LINK.

-Melissa O. 

TWC Community Forum Moderator

Spectator

Thanks Melissa, but the app is not visible in the apps on the Xbox, so I can't open it to set it up.

If the app is not listed I would recommend contacting Microsoft to see why they are not listing our app. 

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

N/A

[ Edited ]

I also could not find this application to install on my xbox 360.  As for your suggestion to contact Microsoft, I have spent upwards of six hours in the support chatrooms for xbox live and just keep getting the runaround.  They are often claiming that I need "gold membership" even though that is clearly not the case, since June of 2014 when they changed their policies to make all entertainment applications available to free xbox live accounts.

So TyleenZ's suggestion for us as customers to contact Microsoft about this is not sufficient.  Presumably Time Warner has an agreement in place for Microsoft to distribute this application through their application marketplace (which you may have paid them $$ for).  They are NOT fulfilling their side of this agreement.  Please Time Warner, you need to contact Microsoft and get them to fix it!  Only you can do this.  There is no way they are going to fix the problems in their application marketplace database in response to customer support requests.  

In the meantime your paying customers are being cheated!

Newcomer

I have also tried browsing and searching. It is not in the marketplace.
cd1
Newcomer

I have been searching for this app well.  I called TWC, who told me the Xbox 360 app is supported and should be there.  The TWC rep had no other suggestions to help me.  So I then called Microsoft, who told me the app has been removed from the marketplace.  The Microsoft rep told me the only way it would have been removed  is if TWC removed it, because there were no breaches of terms between Microsoft and TWC.  

So I called TWC back again (really having fun with this now).  It turns out that TWC stopped supporting the Xbox 360 app and they have removed it from the marketplace.  So yes, TWC screws it's customers yet again.  Greatest company ever.

Newcomer

Would like to see this app return to the XBox 360.