Highlighted

Time Warner Cable Xbox one App not working - (Error: Time Warner Cable Server Unavailable)

I am having this issue with XBOX ONE App.  The Time Warner Cable XBOX One app worked perfect for like two weeks for me.  And then one day it just decided to stop working.  Every time i open the app it errors out saying

"Time Warner Cable Server Unavailable"  Sorry, TWC TV isn't available right now. Please try again later.

I called help line tried everything they could have tried but nothing worked.  Then the customer center person opened the ticket with engineering team case # "23443743" and said it should be fixed in 48 hours.  I had my doubts even then if it was an app bug it would be fixed in 48 hours.   But anyways it has been 3 weeks now and I still get the same error and have no idea what to do or when will it be fixed.  I am waiting for new build to come out on XBOX one and hope that would solve all the complains for other users and mine too.  

11 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Time Warner Cable Xbox one App not working - (Error: Time Warner Cable Server Unavailable)

Looking into this I see that we are not currently reporting any widespread issues with the Xbox application. In testing we were unable to duplicate the issue.

We ask that you please remove the TWCTV app then unplug the power to your Xbox for a minute or so.

Once you plug that back in and it reboots please then readd the TWCTV application. 

This should resolve the issue for you. Are you able to access TWCTV from a computer or 

Smart Phone without error? If you will please try this also to verify that there is no problem 

with your username and password.

If you are able to verify that you can log in on a PC or Smart Phone and have removed, rebooted by 

powercycle and then readded and are still having trouble please contact us directly.

TWC_ForumsHelp

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Newcomer

Re: Time Warner Cable Xbox one App not working - (Error: Time Warner Cable Server Unavailable)

The application is not working, I deleted it, restarted gives error: c , please look into, this is more wide spread than you realize
Rookie

I fixed this issue by removing my Xbox account (settings>account>remove account). Reboot.  Re-enter your Xbox credential (left stick>add and manage>add new). Finally go to the TWC app and reenter your TWC info. It worked for me and hopfully for you as well.  Good Luck!

It worked for us too!

Newcomer

20 June 2016, I removed my account turned off the Xbox one and reinstalled and it worked. This is a bit annoying to have to keep doing this, but at least I can get it to work for a short time. This has been an issue since Time Warner has been able to stream on the Xbox one. It's odd that Time Warner has not resolved this issue, and claim its not a common issue. I personally did not call Time Warner on the issue because everyone that has written about this problem on forums and on the web have not stated that customer service could fix the problem, so who wants to waste their time talking to a rep telling you to reinstall the app and wait 48 hours for it to fix. Another way around it is to log in with a different user that has Xbox live with your Time Warner login. For a quick fix I will log in as my husband and open the app and it will work.
Newcomer

Im having the exact same problem and at the same time frame. It still doesnt work

Here it is November 2016, and this is still an issue. Don't know why this forum is listed as "Solved" as clearly it is not. If I'm paying for Time Warner Cable, then why should I have to do their troubleshooting for them? I refuse to remove and reinstall my Xbox profile just to overcome poor development and coding by TWC. Absolutely ridiculous!
Newcomer

Funny.  Here I sit with the same issues, troubleshooting with BOB from India who clearly doesn't know squat as expected and an hour later.....NOTHING.  TWC sucks.  So does Charter Communications.  Put two sucky things together and give it a different name, Spectrum, and guess what folks.....STILL SUCKS.  Probably twice as bad.  The only reason why I put up with this crap is because I have to.  The moment I have a choice, I'm dumping these sorry clowns.

Ever since the merger app came along it's been total crap.