Rookie

TWCTV App for Samsung Smart TV

Looked through the forums and found several of the same issues I'm having with my new UN40J520D Samsung Smart TV. Installed the TWCTV App and am getting the error message:

"Account holder has either blocked access to this feature or does not subscribe to an eligible video package"

I am able to access the app on all other devices (computer, ipad, iphone, and even another samsung smart tv), just wondering what I need to do to fix this issue. We have deleted and redownloaded the app multiple times and the TV is updated to its most recent version.

What do I need to do to fix this issue. Is it a TW issue or is it a Samsung issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

18 REPLIES

Re: TWCTV App for Samsung Smart TV

[ Edited ]

Hello xandercage, it does not look like your TV is compatible with the TWC TV App. But I would like to have this investigated further, please reach out to our Social Media Customer Care Team. 

Direct message at TWC_ForumsHelp

Thanks for posting!

Valued Participant

Hi xandercage - I also have TWC and Samsung TV. My TWC App works fine, but the only issue with the TWC APP for Samsung is stripped down. I wanted to get rid of some of the exxpensive STBs in my house (rental fees).

It was a choice between Roku or running the App. Roku is full featured and provides Electronic Program Guide (EPG). The TWC App on the Samsung TV does not. I also tried Samsung Media Player (GX-SM530CF). Although it worked fine, it required a CableCard. The EPG was working until Samsung discontinued the service recently. So if you want an EPG and pay no STB rental fees, go Roku. You will be streaming over the internet and the Roku has no channel buttons, so you'll have to scroll to you channel.If you just want to use the App, you still have to scroll and you get no EPG.

Newcomer

Is there a way for someone to update this question with the resolution so that everyone else who is having the same problem can see what it is?  I have the exact same issue as the original post.

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

nutts0327

I apologize for the frustration.  Not all Samsung TV's are compatible with the TWC TV app.  Here is a link to search if your TV is compatible:  Samsung Compatible Devices

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Rookie

My Samsung smart TV is on your list as a compatible device. In fact, it came preloaded with your app. I continue to get these blocked messages. I have deleted and reloaded the TWC app many times, still get the blocked message. From reading these forums, it seems to be a 

common problem. Is there a fix for this? I've had this problem for a year and you must know about it. Thanks.

Lead Moderator

@Ymarianne  We encourage you to contact us directly. 

We can be reached at TWC_ForumsHelp 

Please include your

1. Your account number

2. Your username

3 Are you getting error messages when trying to login to TWCTV.com or the TWCTV application on another device? 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

The only device I have a problem with using TWC tv app is the Samsung smart TV.  The app works on my iPad, which is normally what I use. Again, others on this forum have the exact same problem, so please post a public solution rather than have each one of us contact you individually. If there is no solution, please let us all know

thank you.

There is not currently a definite set of steps to resolve the issue. If one becomes available, we'll be sure to post it.

<insert favorite quote here...>

Check out the FAQs for a quick answer to your questions. http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/all-faqs.html
Newcomer

why is it only samsung smart tvs not fair..i have and own all vizeo