Rookie

TWC app now Spectrum - but still not on Fire TV Stick

I was on chat the other day with another problem with my internet speed. I guess it depends on who you chat with to determine how to fix the problem. Either unplug and reboot the modem or remove router and tie directly into the modem via RJ45. Anyway, since it's usually useless to do either and you just wait for the speed to automatically go from 14mbps to the paid for 30mbps, I decided to ask when the TWC app will be on the Fire TV Stick. I was told January 31st. The name did change to Spectrum but it is not on the Fire TV Stick. I do have a Roku 3600R stick so I can get the app that way but can't get it on the Fire TV Stick. I think I've seen requests for this that are over 2 years old. Does  TWC/Spectrum ever respond to these questions? TWC Chat doesn't know and Amazon chat doesn't know. Is there anyone who knows? Just let us know if the answer is "No, it will never be on the Fire TV Stick because it's a money thing". If anyone has the answer, please let me know.

5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: TWC app now Spectrum - but still not on Fire TV Stick

Microsoft and Roku have contractual exclusivity agreements with TWC. That's why it isn't available on Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Chromecast, PS3/4. As to when that contract ends...only the upper ups would know that and I'm sure they aren't divulging that. For me, once it becomes available on Apple TV the cable box is a thing of the past.

Newcomer

I have a Roku and this morning the TWC app is gone and there's a Spectrum app in its place.  BUT it wont let me log in .... wth

Rookie

Thanks for the info. I had heard that there was a contract but was hoping (and was also told by TWC chat) that all would be good when Spectrum took over. Looks like I'll get another Roku for my third tv. 

Rookie

I didn't have an issue with the new Spectrum app but I'm not impressed on  how it sets up when selecting a channel on my Roku stick. You select the channel and then it displays like a dvd box picture and also gives you the chance to view details below. Takes a little longer to load the channel. Good luck with your issue.

Boz
Sharer

Molliesdad wrote:

I didn't have an issue with the new Spectrum app but I'm not impressed on  how it sets up when selecting a channel on my Roku stick. You select the channel and then it displays like a dvd box picture and also gives you the chance to view details below. Takes a little longer to load the channel. Good luck with your issue.

Different people like different things.  I sort of like the image of the program being loaded, vs the black screen that appeared while loading a program on the older app.  Overall, for me, using a Roku 2 XS 3100R, programs seem to load faster now overall vs the older app.