TWC app buffers and plays slow motion on Samsung smart tv

Is there a fix for this problem. I currently have a hard wire 200mbs connection to my samsung tv. All other streaming services work fine execpt the twc app. When tuning to channels it plays fine for about 1 min then studders, skips and plays in slow motion. It's been like this for almost a year and I have resolved myself to believing it is intentional after returning the stb to avoid paying the ridiculous rental fees. Does anyone have the same issue with the twc app and if so can offer a solution?

6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: TWC app buffers and plays slow motion on Samsung smart tv

copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages, don't reset it, need real history.

What router are you using?

Is anything running cloud or sync, wireless or IPv6?

what's a tracert to twctv.com look like?

Observer

I ran the App on my Samsunf f6400 series TV.  I did not see any buffering after 1/2 - 1 hr of operation.  So no problem here with my 50 mbs rate.

Because of a problem unrelated to your situation, I am using a wireless N 5G access point rather than the TVs built-in wireless.  There is a microwave oven 3' away from the TV on the othere side of the living room wall.  The microwave interfers with the TV, Onkyo Stereo and Raspberry PI powered media center.  The access point is somehow immune.

How do I access error log pages from modem? I'm able to login into the router but I only see status, version and event logs. The advanced option request a additional password.

Expert

google it's model # and password

Observer

At least in my case, the administrator username and password is on a sticker on the side of the modem.
N/A

I have the exact same issue. App worked fine for years and then around Dec 16 it started slowing down and cutting in and out after 1 minute working OK.