Observer

TWC TV app fro vizio smart tv's?

Any idea when the app will be supported on the vizio products instaed of only samsung

since TWC has moved to all digital in our area it would be nicer to use the app through the smart tv app rather than attached roku and only need to use the single remote control

Certainly the userbase is masssive

Every other app (HBO,amazon,netflix, plex etc) already supported

8 REPLIES

Re: TWC TV app fro vizio smart tv's?

At this time there is no information to extend the app to other smart TVs. 

Valued Contributor

I have a Vizio, too. It would be nice having the app but that's why I have a cable box, for good or bad. Sideways, twctv.com does work for my PC. So I can watch TV or PC or both together from home.

Spectrum Employee

Your opinion would actually be better expressed with Vizio as they are in control of their TVs and what apps are offered.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Newcomer

ACTUALLY the issue is Time Warner's. A Manufacturer can not add what a carrier does NOT make available. Since Smart TVs and Connected Bluray players work off the same app formats, Its TimeWarner that needs to get off their duffs and make the singular app available to be added. A prime example is the Sony Bluray players, any app can be added, it doesnt need to be "supported".

Newcomer

agree i have all vizeo tvs in my house
Newcomer

TWC will not make the app available to Vizio or anyone else because that would cost them dearly on their renting of the HD receivers

Rookie

I have 2 vizio smart tvs and i could watch FS2 in HD if TW  paid for them to add the app.  I assume they would have to pay but maybe they just don't want people to not have to rent the box. It seems to be a popular brand tv. I have a Nvidia Shield attached to my bedroom Vizio and the android app won't run when use the hdmi output.

Participant

I have no idea but wouldn't be suprised if there is some sort of Mutual Marketing Agreement with Samsung as they come preloaded on Samsung.... probably remnants of early smart tv exclusive content wars I would guess