Rookie

TWC TV and access to other apps via Android TV

[ Edited ]

So I own an Nvidia Shield which is powered by Android TV. I am a new Time Warner Cable customer after parting ways with DirecTV. I was extremely excited to download the TWC tv app and also change my provider on my other 3rd party apps such as (WatchESPN, FXNow, Food Network and HGTV). Behold, the TWC app isn't available in the Android TV app store and none of these apps are compatible with Time Warner. I know this is only Android TV because everything works fine on my Roku.

My question, when can we expect for you guys to become compatible with Android tv?

There are a ton of consumers that own android tv devices. I for one am a bit frustrated and almost on the fence of switching back, simply due to the lack of convenience.

Has anyone come across anything regarding a timeline for when we can expect this enhancement?

3 REPLIES
Helper

Re: TWC TV and access to other apps via Android TV

You might access via web browser
Rookie

I have an android tv device that i was able to get on the regular google store (as if i had a phone).  I got the Time Warner app but at start up it won't work because i have an HDMI cable plugged in.  TW set it up on purpose to not work when connected to a tv.  Corporate greed at it's finest.  

Same issue. Excited about my new shield and food network isn't available. I would like to go through the app, until then I'll get food network from other sources. I can easily cancel my service and rely on that