Rookie

TWC TV App used on (3) Samsung Smart TV's

Seems to be many out there having issues with this app. Let me join that club. I have (3) Samsung Smart TV's around my home. (2) are on cable boxes and (1) is wired to cable without a box. As TWC has been removing channels I have been trying the TV App on the boxless TV without good results. All (3) TV's are connected by WiFi to a TWC Arris router. Did some tests as follow:

1) All (3) TV's run the Netflix app without any issues. The buffer is filled quickly and runs 100% perfect on all (3) TV's. As a test I started watching movies on one TV and and moved around on the TV's to finish it. No streamimg issues at all on any of the (3) sets.

2) The TWC TV App is not compatible with my 60" set but loads and runs on the 40" and 32". Here's the odd part. Most channels have buffering and sound/picture sync issues as soon as the channel loads but a few do not. The Fox Business channel is one of the very few that seems to run good without streaming or sound/picture sync issues even after several hours. Change to another channel and the picture or sound sync is crap.

Sooooo, what's causing the problem? Not my WiFi. Not my TV's. It's the TWC TV App itself based on my finding. So need to fix it.

Now that we have entered 2017 the name TWC will disappear and Spectrum will take the stage. Each day we all get our fill of commercials keeping us advised on how good our cable provider is. They advise how good this TV App is but many out there have a much different view. Maybe the App works on your phone or tablet but not well on TV's . Is this planned so we give up and forced rent additional boxes? Hope not! Never want to give the customer a reason to look for a new provider.

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: TWC TV App used on (3) Samsung Smart TV's

@Tagman

I apologize for the issues with the TWC TV app on your Samsung TV.  I included a link to Compatible Samsung TV's, as unfortunately, not all Samsung products are compatible with the app.  For additional assistance, please contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp.  

James M.
^TWC - Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

N/A

So where is the comparability link?
Lead Moderator

@Done  apologies. Here is the link: http://www.samsung.com

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums