Boz
Sharer

Re: Spectrum TV App on Apple TV (4th generation)

Imagine13 wrote:

Talked with Customer Service (twice) yesterday on ways to reduce my bill. The service guy (Kevin) tells me that if I upgrade my Apple TV to a Apple TV (4th generation) that I can download the Strectum TV App from the Apple TV App Store and it will eliminate the need for the old Time Warner Cable boxes thus saving those rental fees.

So today I purchased 2 Apple TV (4th generation)...after screwing around with them for a couple of hours it appears that "Kevin" didn't know what he was talking about because the Spectrum TV App does not exist in the App Store on the Apple TV (4th generation).

Does anybody know why this app is not available on the Apple TV (4th generation) ?

This is madness and so frustrating...I just want to get off the "cable greed" merry-go-round !!!

I'm not sure why Kevin would have told you that.  There should be a more detailed listing, but all I can find at the moment is  https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-tv/twctvapp/what-devices-can-i-access.html :

On what devices can I access the Spectrum TV app?

The new Spectrum TV app is available on the following platforms:

• Apple devices using iOS 8.0+
  • Devices using Android OS 4.0+
  • Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HDX (excluding 1st generation Kindle)
  • All Roku streaming devices (excluding 1st generation Roku)
  • Xbox One
  • Samsung Smart TV (2012-2015 models)
Newcomer

Re: TWC TV App for Apple tvos

TV FAQs

On what devices can I access the Spectrum TV app?

The new Spectrum TV app is available on the following platforms:

• Apple devices using iOS 8.0+
  • Devices using Android OS 4.0+
  • Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HDX (excluding 1st generation Kindle)
  • All Roku streaming devices (excluding 1st generation Roku)
  • Xbox One
  • Samsung Smart TV (2012-2015 models)

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-tv/twctvapp/what-devices-can-i-access.html

Newcomer

Re: Time Warner app on AppleTV

I am a long time Time Warner customer with 2 accounts/ houses. I am extremely disappointed in the loss of functionality from the conversion of Time Warner to Spectrum. In the past, I was able to Use the TW app & Apple TV to AirPlay limited channels from my home service cable lineup at my vacation home. With the Spectrum app, I have lost that capability. It is obvious that Spectrum does not care about retaining TW customers
Observer

Where is Google Fiber for competition?

Use the "TV" app and sign in with your TWC/Spectrun account. I recommend downloading FX Now, HBO GO, AMC and Comedy Central. It will give you plenty to watch until Spectrum/TWC develops an app for Apple TV. You're welcome.
Newcomer

Re: Time Warner app on AppleTV

Spectrum Customer Service, whom was trying to get me to move from a TWC traditional plan to a Spectrum plan told me I could use the Apple TV to watch Spectrum so I would not have to use the $11/month box, but I would loose whole house DVR if I did that.  Apparently this is NOT true!   Apple TV will not work?!

Newcomer

Re: Spectrum TV App on Apple TV (4th generation)

They told me the SAME thing this last week.    It bogus info there support it putting out, and just making the problem worse.

N/A

Use mirroring instead