Rookie

Re: TWC TV App for Apple tvos

I am going to say it is never going to happen....TWC was purchased by Spectrum and they support Roku boxes only...same as TWC....it would be nice if ANYONE in the know with these companies would just come out and say....nope ain't gonna happen.  

But for all intents I belive that is the answer they would give.

Rookie

[ Edited ]

The Roku is a buggy piece of garbage. My Roku 2 (2015) endlessly has to be manually power cycled just to get it to work on a daily basis... not to mention, pretty much no Roku devices support HDMI CEC... something that a $25 google chromecast can do a $79 roku 2 cannot, its crap-ola.  Because of this, I rarely use my TWC service through that device... TWC needs to get their **** to gether and have a tvOS app... the device has been out for nearly a year which is more than enough time for them to get it out... especially considering they already support iOS. Them not allowing airplay streaming from the app is enough to make me want to cancel my service altogether.

Newcomer

That may be the reason for no Apple TV app, they have a deal with Roku.

Observer

This will not work anymore so this is no longer a option.

Rookie

That is far from the  truth.  Why would I want a cable box (at a charge) at every tv is i can just have the apple tv hooked to the input.  TV who have HDMI cables run through the wall generarally have one cable so you would phycically have to switch inputs as well.

Rookie

That is not considered an update.   Why bother responding?  Is TWC actively working on an app for Apple TV?  Yes or no.  Why put your customer to work looking on other places.

Newcomer

How do u stream it on Apple TV 

TMA
Newcomer

There is nothing published that TWC has aggreement with Apple TV.  Has anyone heard if TWC App will work yet with Apple TV 4th gen before I buy one.

Newcomer

Re: Time Warner app on AppleTV

...canceling TW/Sprectrum. You guys need to get your act together for the prices you charge.

Newcomer

Spectrum TV App on Apple TV (4th generation)

Talked with Customer Service (twice) yesterday on ways to reduce my bill. The service guy (Kevin) tells me that if I upgrade my Apple TV to a Apple TV (4th generation) that I can download the Strectum TV App from the Apple TV App Store and it will eliminate the need for the old Time Warner Cable boxes thus saving those rental fees.

So today I purchased 2 Apple TV (4th generation)...after screwing around with them for a couple of hours it appears that "Kevin" didn't know what he was talking about because the Spectrum TV App does not exist in the App Store on the Apple TV (4th generation).

Does anybody know why this app is not available on the Apple TV (4th generation) ?

This is madness and so frustrating...I just want to get off the "cable greed" merry-go-round !!!