Observer

Re: TWC TV App for Apple tvos

cybercus2029 wrote:
As soon as twctv becomes an app on Apple TV it's goodbye ruko

Which is exactly why I WANT the TWC app on TVos. I do like my Roku, but I stream my video/music library through my house. Thats several TB of movies and video ready with the press of a button. If I had the TWC app on my Apple TV, I wouldn't need the ROKU. Which is what I want. One less device. I really, REALLY want this app to happen on TVos...

Most if not everyone looking to get TWC's TV App on Apple TV is so they can ditch TWC's TV box & save $ because they will not need to rent a box.
Newcomer

I heard FCC had voted 5-4 for own cable box (converter) instead of rent it. Should be TWC app on Apple TV now, hopefully.
Newcomer

So what's the update? I can't find anywhere else that any CAN talk about this. So is TWC able create the App? Do they have a shortage of coders? Are they afraid of creating a back door for the federal government? WHEN is the app available for Apple TV?
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

You are  able to stream the TWC TV app to the Apple TV through Airplay  from the iPhone or iPad.  It seems to work ok for on-demand, does not work for live TV.

Newcomer

Please develop TWC App for Apple TV! Thank you!

Newcomer

Is there any word on developmet for this? It seems ridiculous that it works with IOS, but not Apple TV?!?

Newcomer

I would suggest contacting TWC's Corporate Office and let them know that you would like to see the TWC TV app on Apple TV. If more customers make noise about it maybe that will make them move a bit faster on it.

Link to messaging the TWC Corporate Office:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/our-company/leadership/support.html

Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.

N/A

So my TWC app is currently streaming to apple TV, 3rd generation via airplay. I'm using my 3rd generation ipad too. This is awesome!

N/A

Just a follow up, it works on live tv for me too. I have the newest version of apple tv also but airplay does not work on that one. I hope this info helps.