Rookie

Re: TWC TV App Constantly Crashing on XBOXONE since JUly 2016 update

I am having the exact same issue!

ever since the app was updated earlier this week it has become super unstable.

it crashed multiple times a hour saying "an unexpected error has occurred" or something along those lines.

Browser

I too am having non stop crashing of this app since the update a few days ago. Where are you TW? Can't you find someone that can fix this? There should be a way to be able to revert to an older version, rather than be forced to update to a defective version.
Browser

It's funny. I complained about the endless TW ads while using this app. Non stop repetition to the point that I actually did a search on some remote with a gigantic mute button so I didn't have to listen to them anymore and I hate hunting for my tiny mute button. I finally assigned a whole row of buttons on my Harmony remote, so it's easy to mute the tv, but now, it just crashes and makes it even more work to restart the **bleep** app every few minutes! Fix it!

Lead Moderator

Our apologies for the issue. There is a ticket in place that indicates a patch will be pushed out

to correct this issues you are experiencing. 

It is expected to take place Monday 7/25. 

If you should have continuing issues after this date please do let us know. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Browser

I love you Julia.
Newcomer

I hope this is legit and you guys are really fixing it, Because to be honest I have little faith it will. Every single time you guys put out an update it gets worse every time. The original app that came out for Xbox one was great and had no issues. But then you guys put out the first update tht made it so you had to quit every time you switched to a game, otherwise you had to restart the console over and over again to get it to work. (A problem no other app has, just TWC). then you guys put out the next update whihc made it so that everytime you watch something on-demand the app crashes, which would be semi-ok, but it always started the show or movie over, or a half hour behind where it was. And now you have the problem everyone is talking about, which i am also having. I don't get why you guys fix things that are not broken, it makes no sense. But i hope you guys can actually get i tright for once. I'm missing my Xbox 360 now, which I shouldn't be, but thhat app was cleary superior to the xbox one edition. And I 90% of the reason i bought my xbox one was for TV, not gaming, so its even that much more dissapointing.

Browser

It's Monday, the 25th, 6:30 PM and there is still not fix. Trying to watch the convention, and have to restart the app constantly. I hope the fix is still coming.
Observer

The fix is not here yet.  It still crashes during every commercial break.  What is the status on this?

Newcomer

Keeps crashing on my xbox one to said it was my account if so it would not work on android or my pc
Newcomer

Keeps crashing but not on my android an pc it's not my profile